Should I consider one of the following Marantz receivers?
Jun 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mva5580

New Head-Fier
So I'm looking around online and I see the following models of Marantz available:

- SR 2000

Are any of these worthy of a purchase?  I currently have a Yamaha RX-V565 receiver, so would looking into one of these be worth my time?  It wouldn't be a replacement for me, it would be an in addition to because I use the other receiver for watching movies.   This Marantz would pretty much exclusively be used for music, whether it be through a turntable, cd player, headphones, etc.

Also, does anyone have any overall recommendations for me?  This is my current setup that I'm just starting out on and if anyone has any recommendations for me I'd really appreciate it:

- Polk Monitor 60 speakers are my front L/R
- Yamaha RX-V565 receiver
- Pre-Amp is a BBE FJB-200X
- Stylus that came w/ the technics is a Stanton D71EE

Jun 27, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 2
I have an older Marantz 2238B and had a 2220, both were in reasonably good shape and needed very little to be in top notch shape. Basically a few bulbs replaced and I checked the dc-offset. However many if not most of the 30+ year old units will need a re-cap, I have a 2230B on the way and besides the small cosmetic stuff I am sure I will be recapping the power supply, pre amp board, and amp board. Although I do not use a record player I may also re-cap the phono stage.

I would suggest you check AudioKarma for help with the older units, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back