Should I cancel my order for HD595? Budget £100~
Aug 24, 2009 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Fenn

Head-Fier
Hi, first off very sorry for another, help me choose headphones thread.. just I have placed my order already before I discovered this site, so I have a short period of time I can cancel my order.

I have just ordered HD595, then saw this forum so, I was wondering have I made a good choice? or is there some other headphone in that price range that would serve me better.

They will im sorry to say be being used on my computer for games, movies etc.

My soundcard is an Asus XOnar D2X (a decent one with good sound quality)

I have no speakers on my PC so its all about headphones.

thanks very much any advice will be MUCH appreciated.

EDIT: Or.. I could spend an extra £20 and get the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.

But I need to be sure coz I am rly strapped for cash now but as this is an investement to last me a few years id pay the extra IF IT WAS WORTH IT
biggrin.gif

I really do need to be sure though, thanks.

EDIT2: OH WAIT these are 250OHM? now I am no expert but I think in the last 20 mins I may have figured something out, with 250ohm id need a headphone amp, with the 50ohm HD595 I would not?

I am rly confused.

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #2 of 32
The DT770's came in 2 versions. The 250ohm version you mentioned and an 80ohm version.

I can't compare as I've never heard the DT770's, but did own the HD 595 for a while and though they have a nice, wide soundstage, in addition to great mids, the lows somewhat lacked for me until I hooked them up to my amp. Albeit, my source was a MacBook Pro so the sound card probably isn't up to par with the one you'll be using.

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 32
Thanks for the reply, after reading around im thinking of just leaving my HD595 order as bar a little debate, there does not seem to be anything much in it, bar some personal preference, and I had always enjoyed my HD590.

And the HD595 are £20 cheaper than the DT

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 32
They're really good headphones, for their price I was very satisfied. But then the upgrade bug kicked in and made want even better headphones
redface.gif
I used them for all the things you've mentioned and they sound great out of anything - you absolutely don't require (in my opinion of course) an amp to make them sound good. Go for it, run away from this place and never look back
ph34r.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 32
Maybe consider the HD555.

Have a search for threads on HD555 vs HD595, they're supposed to be nearly identical.

That way you'll save money ready for the next Head-Fi purchase
icon10.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by anoobis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe consider the HD555.

Have a search for threads on HD555 vs HD595, they're supposed to be nearly identical.

That way you'll save money ready for the next Head-Fi purchase
icon10.gif

I am coming from the HD590 (old n worn) I dont think id feel right downgrading, besides I hear the 595 are quite noticably better than the original 590

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #10 of 32
Before i discovered Head-Fi i was happily listening to a pair of 595's...Now ,four months later, i have three pairs of Grado,s .Three amps and two dacs
biggrin.gif

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....
very_evil_smiley.gif
Mind you,i don't regret a penny of it.
Stick with the 595's they'l do just fine for what you want,and comfy too.
Take DJshadows advice.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the 595s for a month and got bored of them. Jumped on the Grado ship and I haven't looked back since.

well, I have had my HD590 for about 5 years, I am not bored of them at all, they are still very comfortable and sound decent, just they are old, worn, and I heard the 595 are a step up with new tech etc.

I hear the grados are nto as comfortable and as I want comfort for hours of PC gaming and movies, perhaps not the best choice for me.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, I have had my HD590 for about 5 years, I am not bored of them at all, they are still very comfortable and sound decent, just they are old, worn, and I heard the 595 are a step up with new tech etc.

I hear the grados are nto as comfortable and as I want comfort for hours of PC gaming and movies, perhaps not the best choice for me.

Grados are not that bad once you break them in. I honestly didn't care for the clamp pressure of the 595s either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back