Should I buy the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore or Vsonic Vsd1s or Vsonic VSD3s?
Jul 12, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 8
bump... wondering about the Carbo Tenore and VSD1S.

Also look into the new Soundmagic E50 and E80:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/771066/soundmagic-release-e50s-and-e80s-in-ear-reference-series

On sale here:
http://www.miccastore.com/portable-audio-products-inear-headphones-c-7_15.html

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 8
I have owned the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore's for about a month, and it is safe to say that these are some of the best bang for your buck headphones in terms of sound quality I have ever heard (and I'm obsessed with finding good cheap headphones). HOWEVER, the strain reliefs on them are abysmal and the sound already cuts in and out in the time I have owned them. I, by no means, am aggressive with my headphones, but the right angle plug is one of the worst plugs I have ever used. The main problem is that I put them in my pocket. That may seem like a decent place to put them, however the right angle connector is so weak, that when it gets pushed up it puts strain on it, resulting in sorrow.

So I just ordered a pair of Vsonic VSD1S's. Eagerly awaiting them. I'll let you know what I think.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #6 of 8

The sound quality of the Carbo Tenore outmatches the VSD1S by quite a margin. But the build quality on the Vsonic is much better. It really all comes down to if you want to spend $40 on the Vsonics, or $80 dollars on both after the Zero Audios break.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #7 of 8
I owned both Vsonic's and Zero Audio's and have a different experience. Beyond personal taste, The Tenore's are more "in the face" with great timbre but quite tiring for long sessions.
The Vsd1S's are smoother sounding, more relaxed slightly V-shaped. 
Depend on the recording,  but for one-fits-all I would recommand the V-Sonic. They are a little less revealing and can deal with all kind of recordings. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #8 of 8
I must add after a week testing the VSD1S (the new version with straight plug) The microphonics on them are not far from being unbearable ! I just can't wear them when walking and as they are not built for the cable to go over the ear, no walking the the dog with them... too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back