Should i buy the iM716?
May 14, 2006 at 10:23 AM Post #17 of 29
I see the IM716 club is growing. I'm not surprised. I auditioned this, the Shure E2C, E3C, and E4C and chose the IM716. it had the most balanced sound signature among the set. And that is out of the box, connected to an Ibook.

Things got even better when I hooked them up to my transportable tube amp. And still blossomed a bit when sourced to my Musical Fidelity tubed cdp. Wow. Amped with my vintage Aiwa P22 micro amp, bass is a good as it can be.

But for my daily rig, it goes along with my Ibook unamped. Still more than decent. Good uncritical listening (listening for pleasure) and watching tv and movie avis.

I suspect a Shellbrook portable amp will do wonders (oops, I am still allowed to mention that here right?) for when I am on the go.

May 14, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz
yellafella, I have to ask. Who is that in your avatar?

im 95% sure its Kristin Kreuk. But only 95.

May 15, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #19 of 29
Dear FaBoLoUsRmX,

I see your conundrum.

But the ER6is are good phones. If I were you I wouldn't buy the iM716s unless you could sell the ER6is. As stmpjmp says, too similar to bother. Buy some good full sized cans instead.

Just my 2 cents.

Later-

May 15, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz
Here.

edit: damn it they only post to US...
frown.gif

May 15, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUsRmX
im 95% sure its Kristin Kreuk. But only 95.

Ah, you're right. I found an original picture of his avy, which he photoshopped to add the headphones in. Great job on the photoshopping. It really looks authentic.

May 17, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUsRmX
I have decided not to geet the iM716's. Thanks for you imput everyone. Go ETY
etysmile.gif

No iM716's but you're cheering for ETY's? These are essentially Etymotic IEMs!
tongue.gif

May 17, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 92dB
edit: damn it they only post to US...
frown.gif

for me, my post office got a service call vPost... it got a virture address in us and when the goods arrive, vPost will email for me to make shipping payment and sent it over to me...

May 18, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87
for me, my post office got a service call vPost... it got a virture address in us and when the goods arrive, vPost will email for me to make shipping payment and sent it over to me...

oo that's handy.. wonder if i got that kind of service here..
rolleyes.gif

May 18, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #27 of 29
Well, the way I hear it (
rolleyes.gif
), with the 'HD' mode, it's like an Ety, literally dead-on sound; flat, yet clear and precise music. With the 'Bass' mode, it has the sound sig of a 5 Pro almost, but it doesn't dip that deep into the low frequencies.

I must admit, this is THE best thing I ever bought in my life for under $100.

May 18, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #28 of 29
I have some E4Gs and love them. Should I buy the iM716s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back