Should I buy the Audio technica ath-a700 ???
Dec 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

effectic

Banned
As you know I hate the M Audio Q40 and ATH-M50 and Sennheiser HD280 PRO etc.

I want to choose either the Denon D2000 or the Ultrasone 780 HIFI or the Beyerdynamic DT 770 consumer stereo version or the ATH-A700.
I hate the sound of studio monitors and I was reading these A700 are audiophile grade so to speak but I want plenty bass.

So I need you guys advice here as to what to do.

PS sorry for making so much threads on basically this same issue but I need to make sure I make the best decision as my budget is max of $200 And I have to make a decision before Christmas.

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
john...john...john

/me shakes head.

What do you mean?
Are you saying yes or No or something?
Which direction are you shaking your head? Up/Down meaning yes or Sideways left to right meaning No?

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 9
If I was in your position, I would save for some Denon D2000s. They're not boring like studio monitors, but have plenty of bass and are pretty fun sounding. The only draw back is their price, but they go on ebay for around $250.

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 9
A700s have bass, but its not throbbing bass...depends on what you want.

Beyer DT770s are a better option if you want ALOT of bass...and I mean ALOT

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookowz13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer DT770s are a better option if you want ALOT of bass...and I mean ALOT

Not the consumer version, they're the exact opposite.

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #8 of 9
I got the ATH-A700 a few months ago and they sound wonderful, these were my first 'high end' headphones. However, I do think they lack a bit in the bass and found that I had to adjust the EQ to compensate for it. I don't consider myself as a basshead, rather I love the crisp highs of the A700 but I do need bass presence and found that these were a bit lacking. Otherwise they are quite the headphones.

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #9 of 9
I just got the A900 a couple weeks ago as my first "high end" phones as well, and I didn't find them too bassy. Yes, there's some bass, but I wouldn't call it "plenty." Given, I've only had these for a couple weeks, and I've hardly burned them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back