should i buy sony mdr 7506?
Nov 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 22
so 1time yuh saying that I eh go enjoy them M50 ah wa?

Seeing that its designed for professional work.

Can I just use a EQ and adjust it to my preference?

My HD555 used to sound good with my Shakira collection would you also say the M50 will give me the same pleasure?

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so 1time yuh saying that I eh go enjoy them M50 ah wa?

Seeing that its designed for professional work.

Can I just use a EQ and adjust it to my preference?

My HD555 used to sound good with my Shakira collection would you also say the M50 will give me the same pleasure?

An EQ can only do so much, but of course you can EQ to your preference. However, there's no telling though if this would do it for you. A more likely bet would be to use an appropriate amp.

One of the best things I liked about my HD555 was its vocals. Now I prefer the vocals of my modded JBL 410 Reference, which I bought new for under $20. Preference in headphones is a very personal thing. That's why you can find different rigs being enjoyed by different people. Some may prefer the vocals of the HD555 over the M50, and some may not, while others may prefer the vocals of my modded JBL 410 Reference. I suggest your best next move is to save and buy an appropriate amp. I say appropriate because it's possible for some amps to make the M50 sound better to you and some worse. I suggest posting and reading more in the amp forums.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So with a balanced sound, what genres is the 7506 or V6 good at? Or can it play all musical genres with the same "authority" for lack of a better word.

For one specific genre, there will always be better phones. Grados for rock. Open circumaurals for jazz, etc etc.

These headphones in my opinion handle all music very well, but not the best. If you listen to a vast variety of music, these and other monitors will be best for an all around can. If your tastes are more to certain genres, there are cans that can do it better.

IMO, what the V7 (big brother of v6/7506) handle the best are:
Clean female vocals over just about any range.
Male vocals, including growling metal vocals
Trap set drums
Any acoustic strings

What they handle the worst is:
Harmonica
Tamborine (sounds so bright as to be harsh to my ears)

My absolute favorite band to listen to through them has to be Epica, closely followed by Beethoven's 9th symphony.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #20 of 22
cool

Well I mean if one wants good bass I best take my bet with the M50

bass is very important to me anyways. Plus I got back my Asus Xonar today so I am gonna just select virtual 7.1 surround mode so I am sure it should sound just fine with that enabled in headphone mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back