Should I buy one of the "Zune" product line?
Jan 14, 2014 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AgentCw

Head-Fier
I've seen the "Zune HD" is rated 19# in the mp3 players list here in haed-fi

Are they worth any good?

My current headphones are Koss PortaPro

Thanks ahead

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 8
If you want a good sounding easy to use DAP that is a little outdated in terms of newer HiRes players, yes. It probably still as one of the best UIs around. Pretty sure they aren't still being made but mine is still going strong.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 8
I tell you this: the only reason why im looking for a new mp3 player in the market is because I lost my ZuneHD during my flight Germany - Colombia. I'm still very much regretting that.

The ZuneHD is a quite good sounding player, the UI is the slickest you will get, the Artist Biography feature, automatic download of Artist Art during sync and ease of use are just a couple of the nice things about it. On the other sidde the game/app library sucks, the browser is a joke and the battery life is only good if you make no use of the apps, otherwise it will be drained quite quickly. It has no custom EQ function, it wont drive your high impedance headphones and you will have to stick to the propietary cable and software, which was no problem because I quite fancied it.

At this point i must say that the ZuneHD was the best portable player i've ever had: the other ones were a Creative Zen xFi and an Archos, and that I'm only entering this amazing world of Hi-Fi equipment.

With such options on the market as the FiiO X3 and iBasso DX50, I won't spend that amount of money again on the same ZuneHD before testing the newer players available. I just purchased (three minutes ago) the FiiO X3 on Amazon.com for USD$199, that including coaxial cable and 64GB microSD, which was a pretty impresive price if you ask me. I'll play with it and decide wether to keep it or sell it after comparing it to the iBasso DX50. If none of them really satisfy me I shall go back to ZuneHD, test the new Sony Players or any of the Cowons, but that is a decision Ill take later. Ill let you know what happens.

My advice? Ask yourself if you really want that fancy UI, that touchscreen and well, if you have nothing else on the wishlist. otherwise, consider any of the newer, better-sounding (on the paper) units available.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 8
I am going to my girlfreinds mothers house in 10 mins, she has a brand-new Zune she won and doesnt even know what it is. I offered to purchase it from her, I'll see what type it is.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 8
  I am going to my girlfriends mothers house in 10 mins, she has a brand-new Zune she won and doesnt even know what it is. I offered to purchase it from her, I'll see what type it is.

My girls Mom had the Zune HD 16GB, which I promptly purchased from her! She didn't even know what it was! Had a Zune dock and everything, she won it awhile ago.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 8
Uhh....$50.00. To be quite honest, I really didn't know what it was nor had I heard much about the Zune but I figured it was a good deal and she appeared to be happy with the money for something she never even knew what it was! It's only 16GB. I looked around and these things appear to be selling for a little more than I would ever pay for one. On Amazon they are running waaay to much in my opinion. I already have an Ipod 5.5G and Fuze, even still have the Meizu M6 so I am pretty set for DAPS, but I sooo much want to open this thing and see what it sounds like!

Trying to refrain from that because I could sell it as new (its still sealed) and possibly make a couple bucks I guess. If I don't make a few bucks, I'm going to open it and see what it sounds like, if I don't like it will sell it for a decent price to somebody that still wants these things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back