Should I buy it?
May 27, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 34
Yes, buy it! That car will be a lot of fun. Now's the time to enjoy such things, before that time comes when you're only able to tool around town in a minivan full of screaming kids, instead of blasting around in a sports car with a screaming engine.

And what the heck, it's not my money I'm trying to spend.
evil_smiley.gif

May 27, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 34
stick cant be THAT hard to learn...serisouly tho..automatic is the best way to mess up a perfectly sexy sports car

May 27, 2003 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
True. But I can't drive a stick
redface.gif

No time like the present my friend.
smily_headphones1.gif
You should defenitely learn how to drive a stick. It shouldn't take more than a week.

May 27, 2003 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 34
Matt,

and you didn't ask the Miata Kid (me) first?

the RX7 is a nice little car. But you difinetly want it in a convertible. (what else is there?). foget getting good gas mileage. and be prepared to rebuild the engine every 100,000 miles.

checkout www.miata.net
http://www.rx7city.com/FORUM/DEFAULT.ASP
http://rx7.freeservers.com/

learn to drive a stick. what's the problem? go-and-stop (auto tranny) isn't all that exciting. unless you live in a big city, go with the manual tranny. even if you do live in a city, if the clutch works off hydrolics, it could be worth it.

do a little bit more research.

May 27, 2003 at 10:42 AM Post #9 of 34
hmmm, a '94 rx-7 is gonna be a drag. the older model rx-7's require more maintenance than the later ones (95?). The rotary rings need replacement for sure (after 60,000 miles). Overall, the rx-7 is a fun car but it needs much more tlc than a typical car. too much maintenance and dinero. plus it's an automatic. I would have to say no. sorry, better luck next time.

p.s. Learn Stick!!! You will appreciate all aspects of driving much more.

May 27, 2003 at 11:00 AM Post #10 of 34
Please don't get an automatic, it just kills the fun of the car. I drove a friend's stick rx-7. Wow, is that car fun to drive.
cool.gif
From what I've read though, make sure to take car of that engine.

May 27, 2003 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 34
assuming you bought your current car new

why would you want a car with 9 yrs old, 86k miles
not knowing the care it was given

don't get someone's haedache

learn to drive stick
it's not that hard
very_evil_smiley.gif

just read the new engine part, but still
what's gonna go next
the drive shaft
the suspension
confused.gif

May 27, 2003 at 1:28 PM Post #12 of 34
Is that the correct price? Dang! For a 10 year old car with high miles... Even Edmunds dealer retail pricing is $12,743. 14 grand seems a little steep.

For less than that price, you can get a 2000 Toyota Celica GT S, a 1998 Audi A4 2.5, a 1996 BMW 328is, a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 1996 Lexus SC300, 1999 Ford Mustang (320 HP V8... 0 - 60 MPH in 5.5 sec!)....

Lots o' options at ~$14K

May 27, 2003 at 1:29 PM Post #13 of 34
A 1994 Mazda with a new engine, sounds like it's been abused. I disagree with will Wal, those rotary engines go for a lot of miles before needing rebuilt.

The auto trans just sucks.
Is that a good price? I'm thinking you could buy a Corvette that same year for the same money.

May 27, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #14 of 34
Even with the new motor,that seems like alot of money for that old of a car. I hope I got my math right on this but why a new motor after only 70 something thousand miles. Driver abuse maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back