Should I buy ESW10JPN now or save up for a JH13/16?
Mar 29, 2010 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

milesandcoltrane

100+ Head-Fier
I should be stoned for this but tomorrow I get part of of my freelancing fees and after paying off the requisite bills and what not I'll have a nice sum left which allows me to get the ATH-ESW10JPN.

I've auditioned these cans extensively and love them to bits. And they're beautiful to boot.

Problem is I've been wanting to get the JH13 or JH16 for the longest time. The price has been prohibitive and initially I thought I'd be able to get them immediately but after factoring in the need to pad my emergency account and other expenses for my freelance business I might only have the cash for them late summer. They're expensive prohibitively so, and with technology developing the way it is with IEMs, they might be superseded any time.

I'm at a loss. I could either get the ESW10 tomorrow then sell them later when I have more funds for the JH13/16 or just grit my teeth, save and wait in pain.

I've auditioned the JH13 demo as well and was spellbound initially. But even with the sound I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. My girlfriend for one is not too happy - I think we've all been there.

Whaddya guys think?

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 2
i you have the patience, wait for used jh13. get it remolded and you're ready to go. never heard esw10 but owns esw9 (which is like 90% of esw10) and audition jh13 universal before. no contest there......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back