Should I buy an Whipmod imod?
Jan 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ExpatinJapan

Headphoneus Supremus

I have a chance on purchasing a Whipmod with accompanying LOD froma reputable seller.

I know sometime ago some of you may remember me asking about imods, well I have a chance to get one finally but am (stuck) on the fence.

I have never listened to one, also I worry whether my ears are refined enough to benefit and wonder whether , well just wonder really. 

Please assist me in my parting of cash decision, yes or no....and why.

Thanks hi-fiers.

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:

I have a chance on purchasing a Whipmod with accompanying LOD froma reputable seller.

I know sometime ago some of you may remember me asking about imods, well I have a chance to get one finally but am (stuck) on the fence.

I have never listened to one, also I worry whether my ears are refined enough to benefit and wonder whether , well just wonder really. 

Please assist me in my parting of cash decision, yes or no....and why.

Thanks hi-fiers.

I guess that depends on what it would cost.....after all, you already have an excellent sounding rig in the Touch 4G w/EQu. Do you really think it would be very much better than your Touch? That money could be spent on more music, or a headphone upgrade, or even booze and hookers!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 9

ignore the OP, this was posted BEFORE i purchased the ipod touch 4g and put the awesome apps EQu an equalizer on it........

.........and was recently bumped. groan.

@sonicatrocity* a quick wikipedia ipod touch check will tell which touch has which DAC.
earlier has wolfson, latest cirrus, in between i cant recall.

@achmedisdead : must be beer time now-thanks:)

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:

ignore the OP, this was posted BEFORE i purchased the ipod touch 4g and put the awesome apps EQu an equalizer on it........

.........and was recently bumped. groan.

@sonicatrocity* a quick wikipedia ipod touch check will tell which touch has which DAC.
earlier has wolfson, latest cirrus, in between i cant recall.

@achmedisdead : must be beer time now-thanks:)

Cheers then!
beerchug.gif

And silly, half-awake me....not looking at the date of the OP.....lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back