Should I buy an amp for my K7XX?
Oct 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #16 of 23
There are dozens of reviews of K7XX here,and almost all of them mention the need for an above average amp for them.

There are also several members here who listen with their eyes,as opposed to their ears.

I am not debating you on what the specs tell you,I am simply a guy who used to have this combo and am reporting what I wrote above.

There is nothing wrong with either product,both are pretty good for their bang-for-the-buck value,but they simply dont sound great together.

See I would consider the Magni 2 above average power wise.

Now I also have heard the reviews that some say they don't work together...some do. All Im saying is I don't think the power is the issue here.

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #17 of 23
See I would consider the Magni 2 above average power wise.

Now I also have heard the reviews that some say they don't work together...some do. All Im saying is I don't think the power is the issue here.

Perhaps not.Im certainly not a spec/tech wizard.But I do know what sounds right and what sounds not right.

I use MU2 on my comp set up and they work just fine for several of my headphones.The K7XX was not one of them.That tells me that my MU2 works fine.

When I plugged them into headphone jack on my Sansui 881 they sounded great,which tells me they like extra juice and that they werent a bad pair.

Perhaps there is another issue causing the poor control of bass,but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter "why" it doesnt sound great.

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #18 of 23
Well if they w
Perhaps not.Im certainly not a spec/tech wizard.But I do know what sounds right and what sounds not right.

I use MU2 on my comp set up and they work just fine for several of my headphones.The K7XX was not one of them.That tells me that my MU2 works fine.

When I plugged them into headphone jack on my Sansui 881 they sounded great,which tells me they like extra juice and that they werent a bad pair.

Perhaps there is another issue causing the poor control of bass,but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter "why" it doesnt sound great.
well if they were at the same volume they were using the same amount of power.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #19 of 23
Im just going to throw a Nuforce Icon HDP into this, found mine used for 90 Dollars, its a DAC and Amp in one, it can drive Hd 650s really well, its even quiet pleasant with my t1s, not comparable to my beyer a 20 though.

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #20 of 23
I'm also looking for an amp/dac, at least an amp for my k7xx. This is my first time buying something like this but after looking around, I was considering the nfb-11s since I can just get these and not worry about any future headphones. But these are $370~ if we include shipping and paypal fees and it makes me feel uncomfortable if I could get a similar effect but for a much cheaper price. So my cheaper options were going to be the Micca Origen+ which is $109 on Amazon or DACPort Slim for $99. If I want to pay a bit more, I could try one of the Garage1217 amps like the Ember or Polaris. Something more expensive could be the m-stage hpa-2 classic or the Aune x1s which are both $250. Does anyone have any advice?

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 23
What kind of RCA cable should I get? Are gold ones better or are the cheap ones going to do the job?
I doubt you would be able to hear the difference between the two. Monoprice makes some very sturdy cables and are inexpensive also. Unless you have a high dollar system no use in spending a lot of money on something that you may or may not hear a difference.Gold is mostly used for corrosion resistance. Don't worry too much about cables right now just find something that is a good build quality.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #23 of 23
Guys which amp/dac or just amp should i buy for my akg k7xx?? It should be under $100
I was thinking about fiio k5 with a future dac upgrade (or k1 right now) or fiio e10k without k5 as I've researched many people are saying that e10k is not a good option for k7xx so guys which one should i buy 1.K5 +K1 COMBO (will the non line out k1 will be any good) or 2 . e10k?? My first preference is only k5 without k1...
Modi 2 is slightly over priced in my country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back