Should I burn in headphones and DAC together or separately?
Mar 28, 2012 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yates7592

500+ Head-Fier
I am hoping somebody here can give me the benefit of their experience / knowledge. I am about to take delivery of a pair of Sony MDR 7520's and a Yulong D100 DAC. I have never burnt in either headphones or a DAC before.

From a lot of reading up I understand the process/methods for headphones, is it the same for a DAC?

Should I burn them separately, or could I do this together, i.e. play the sounds/frequencies/CD's (or whatever I choose to use) from the PC to the DAC to the headphones? Would this potentially harm the headphones if the headphone amp is too loud or carried out for extended periods?

I presume the burn in method would not vary according to the brand/model of headphones or DAC if done in isolation, but might it if done in combination together? I don't want to potentially damage either the cans or the DAC, so if burn in separately is more appropriate but takes longer, then so be it.

A lot of questions there, but grateful for any advice anybody can give.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I am hoping somebody here can give me the benefit of their experience / knowledge. I am about to take delivery of a pair of Sony MDR 7520's and a Yulong D100 DAC. I have never burnt in either headphones or a DAC before.
From a lot of reading up I understand the process/methods for headphones, is it the same for a DAC?
Should I burn them separately, or could I do this together, i.e. play the sounds/frequencies/CD's (or whatever I choose to use) from the PC to the DAC to the headphones? Would this potentially harm the headphones if the headphone amp is too loud or carried out for extended periods?
I presume the burn in method would not vary according to the brand/model of headphones or DAC if done in isolation, but might it if done in combination together? I don't want to potentially damage either the cans or the DAC, so if burn in separately is more appropriate but takes longer, then so be it.

Plug your MDR-7520s into the Yulong D100 DAC and plug that DAC into your source.
And burn baby burn.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:

Listen to them and enjoy the music.

If you read too much, the snake oil seeps in really deep and you can't scrub it off, then you start replacing cables, go balanced, and your nose starts pointing upwards all the time.

Very best, 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back