Should I build a CMOY?
May 18, 2006 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barkas

Head-Fier
It's dirt cheap, the mobility is very good, and I'd find the built moderately interesting (having had a bit of electrotechnics at university, but no practice whatsoever).

So, is it worth it with my 4G IPod and soon-to-come Super.fi 5. Pro?

May 18, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 5
CMOYs rock in the bang-for-the-buck department. I don't know that you'd see a big advantage for a fairly efficient set of in-ear phones like the Super.fi, but it will be very beneficial if you decide to use a larger and less efficient set of cans for home use.

May 18, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Just my two cents: If it's your hobby, yeah do it. I don't know a thing about electronics, went on ebay and found a builder that is customizing mine for my ety4s for around $40. To me, that's worth it particularly when I don't wnt to spend the time building it.

I know they're all over ebay, both the Cmoy and higher end connections for them.

And if you were on the DIY forum, some of us would have never seen the post or the ensuing discussion.

May 18, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 5
The point of this thread was more to ask if it would bring a better sound, not how to build one.
Building one seems fairly straightforward. I'm even supposed to understand it, but I fear I forgot some details of how opamps are supposed to work
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back