Should I bother upgrading my cables?
Jan 15, 2008 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

evanft

500+ Head-Fier
My setup is soon going to be Oppo 980-->Darkvoice 336i-->Grado SR-80s. I'm just going to be using standard RCA cable, so I'm looking at possibly upgrading them. My budget, though, is limited. I'm not really into the whole idea of spending even $50 on cables, especially since I could just upgrade the tubes in my amp for that much. So I read a couple of the threads here, and these Premium Monoprice cables look pretty good, and right in my price range. Would these be a good choice, or would the difference be so negligible that it wouldn't be worth it?

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm not sure what you mean by a "standard RCA cable". But I suppose a "standard RCA cable" is really all you need. Have you noticed anything wrong with the cable you're using? Does it pick up RF intereference? Does it short out? Are the connectors too loose or too tight? If not, then what you have is fine.

See ya
Steve

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would these be a good choice, or would the difference be so negligible that it wouldn't be worth it?

Cable changes will be small with a semi-budget system, but I still think that they're worthwhile. The Blue Jeans Cable LC-1s have ridiculously good specifications for the price. I'd say, get a pair of those and never think about upgrading RCA cables again.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back