Should I be...
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dave650

100+ Head-Fier
.....piddling around with these Beyerdynamic 'Pro" cans if I want a great sound?
I've got DT770 pro 80ohm, DT990 pro, should I just sell them to go towards DT880? The expensive silver ones.
Are the DT880s a lot better than anything with 'pro' next to it?
They sounded like pus with my new Darkvoice amp. The sennheisers I have sound fab thru it, I love it, but not the beyer cans, but I want to give beyerdynamic one more chance with either DT880s or DT150s. Is it time to try another brand, maybe...
Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
dave

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.....piddling around with these Beyerdynamic 'Pro" cans if I want a great sound?
I've got DT770 pro 80ohm, DT990 pro, should I just sell them to go towards DT880? The expensive silver ones.
Are the DT880s a lot better than anything with 'pro' next to it?
They sounded like pus with my new Darkvoice amp. The sennheisers I have sound fab thru it, I love it, but not the beyer cans, but I want to give beyerdynamic one more chance with either DT880s or DT150s. Is it time to try another brand, maybe...
Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
dave

It's time to try another brand. The PRO designation isn't going to make a difference at all.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 6
If you are looking for something different, but want to stay with Beyerdynamic, the DT880 Pro and the DT990 Pro should give you a different sound/experience.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for something different, but want to stay with Beyerdynamic, the DT880 Pro and the DT990 Pro should give you a different sound/experience.

You should read threads prior to posting in them.

First off, he already has the DT990 Pro. Second, the Pro designation makes no difference on the sound of the headphone. It was simply used when Beyerdynamic moved on to a new generation of their headphones and used a new font on their ear cups.

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 6
...so the DT770 pro sound the same as the DT770? Could it be that the black plastic pro versions are just that, cheaper black plastic? The DT770 pro cans I have, they are nothing special, maybe I am not driving them correctly, but I am using a Darkvoice amp. I might open them up and find the threads on dampening mods, give the little fellas a chance. The DT990 pro cans I have are a lot better, great detail on voices, nice growl for distorted electric guitar. Aaaaah bugger it, I'll just keep them. One of the problems is I just havent found a record that sounds good through the DT770 pros yet. I keep on listening...

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 6
....the dt770 pro cans I guess are the best 'can'didate for being my 'on the go' cans. I dont care how big they make my head look.
Shorten that lead, get a good little battery amp.
Eww, MP3...yuk.
My least favorite cans are the ones I can afford to get broken if I get hit by a milk truck out on one of my walks.
So I decided overnight the DT990pro are worth keeping because theres at least 10 albums I love thru them, maybe need a different amp for them, and I'll give the 770 pro another chance.
Yeh but then I put my sennys back on....
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back