Should I Be Thinking About New Portables?
Nov 2, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 18
haha that's OK. it's nice to have some feedback. Thanks for looking at my dumb art page, too.

Anyways, I didn't list a budget, but I figured I was willing to go up to around 200. Problem though is that there simply aren't many circumaural cans that portable and also hifi. And the ones that are are never low hassle cans. I think I might get a pair of the htx7s just because they're pretty cheap. I wanted a pair as soon as I saw them but never got around to it. Last thing I probably need is another pair of cheap portables that aren't actually an upgrade, but whatever. They look cool. Think I might go with the reds since they are the cheapest, somehow. I expect them to sound pretty much exactly like my Equation HP3700, though.

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 18
I say go for the 770... sound preference and quality aside, these are on sale. Grab them ASAP in case it ends. You mentioned you were curious about them, chances are you will eventually get them anyways, why not grab them while they are on sale.

If you already own the A900, I highly doubt the Harx 700 or 900 will add much value to you. Unless you are curious as well as to whether they really sound like the ATs

RE portables, my preference would be IEMS but thats cause I prefer portability. I still prefer headphones though and I feel re cabling your SJ5 and adding some mods similar to the MarkL mods can help you gain extra mileage with them.

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 18
something to think about, yes.

I have the AD900, not the A900. Different beast. I would still be curious to compare the HARX just to see if they're similar, but the AD900 already doesn't sound like it's closed counterpart. If the HARX were at all portable, that might be the one....

And yeah, I'm curious about the Beyer, but it would be another home phone, and I don't think my income is high enough at the moment to justify more home cans. But I still really want one!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back