Should a Denon DCD-3000 be upgraded?
Dec 29, 2008 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ddoyle777

100+ Head-Fier
I'll tell you this - Head-Fi has really messed me up. About a month a got I bought a set of Westone 3s because of some reviews here. Now the demon has bit and I've ordered a Stax 3050A setup and I'm wondering about the rest of my equipment.

I have an old (15yrs ?) Denon CD player. It is working flawlessly and sounds good to my ears, but I wonder if CD technology has advanced to the point where it should be retired? I don't think I want to get into SACDs, but I'm not at all sure?

What would you do?

My other equipment is a Rotel RTX-1052 and B & W CM1s with a pair of HD650s driven by a Headroom Micro kicking around.

Is there no cure?

Jan 3, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 2
Denon DCD-3000!

That is one serious cd player. My guess is that you will not find much improvement if any, in a modern player. I own two Denon DCD-1500 cd players and I bought another one that I gave to my brother for a present. These old Denons can work magic with redbook. You will probably regret the day you get rid of yours. (Unless you are selling it to me.
biggrin.gif
)

If anything, try one of the new cheap NOS dacs and see how the sound compares to your DCD-3000 before you think about getting rid of it.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back