Shots of my Gilmore Balanced Reference
Feb 17, 2004 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

gpalmer

We are the weird ones.
Here it is, almost finished and on it's way. This one is upgraded from the normal Gilmore Balanced Reference in that it has Black Gates in the power supply, Vampire silver wiring, RCA inputs in addition to the balanced inputs, standard headphone jacks in addition to the balanced jacks and 5 position gain switches in the back since there was no room on the front. Volume for both balanced and unbalanced headphones is controlled by adjusting each of the volume knobs which are on standard ladder type attenuators. Can't wait to get this baby and my balanced RS-1s back (that's their plugs in the one picture)!

By request the link to the pictures has been removed. If you're curious send me an E-Mail and I can send you the link. Please don't PM, I'm running out of space already!

Feb 17, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
very nice. though i prefer black, that entire amp is quite badass looking. the knobs are a great touch.

I prefer black myself, but I can live with the brushed aluminum. It's funny you mention the knobs though, the original ones had gotten damaged and were kinda spotty so when i saw these that was the first thing I told Justin!

Feb 17, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #4 of 40
yeah, i believe i know who made them and he is quite a mastermind with aluminum.

anyway, it looks great and seems to be very well equipped to be useful in all situations and all headphones. i can't wait to hear impressions about it.

Feb 17, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 40
I think the Blockhead has just been usurped as my "dream dynamic amp"
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Nice. Any chance of any internal shots?

There are over at HeadWize.

Feb 17, 2004 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 40
That's a long wait my man, and I am almost sure that it's worth the wait
wink.gif
Let us know how this monster sounds!

Feb 17, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Habib
That's a long wait my man, and I am almost sure that it's worth the wait
wink.gif
Let us know how this monster sounds!

It's gonna be a while, between the Black Gates and my past experience with Gilmores, I anticipate a LONGGGG break-in!

Feb 17, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
There are over at HeadWize.

Can someone post a link, or indicate which forum category. I have the worst time navigating HeadWize and found that it's now changed.

Quote:

KR...
Headphoneus Supremus:
Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum (not to be mistaken for the Headph0ne Phetish site)

KR,

Nice headphone/amplifier pics. And, obviously, it's not too hard to mistake your site from the Headph0ne Phetish site (that is a hot site...several nice sets of headphones there).

JF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back