Shotgun for Trapshooting
Jun 4, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #16 of 17
Well gentleman, there is some invaluable information in this thread, and I thank you all greatly.
I am trying to keep this under $700 until I get the groove of what I am doing. In that price bracket I have shot: Remington 870 Wingmaster, Winchester 1300, Mossberg 500, and the Benelli Nova, and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn; until today, I shot a Stoeger Condor Competition. Now we’re talking!
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
This is a definition of lock time I had not heard. The usual definition of lock time is the time between when the sear breaks and the firing pin hits the primer. In my experience, times between shots are usually referred to as "splits". Erix, however, is (as I well know) a muy serious trapshooter. He would know which end is up in this game.

I'm no expert on terminology so you may be right. In fact, you probably are!

I think we're talking about one-and-the-same. You wouldn't be able to get that second shot off as fast if the time between when the sear breaks and the firing pin hits the primer were slow.

The 3200, BTW, was Remington's attempt at building a world-class serious target-busting machine. A large part of it's design is an, um, homge shall-we-say, of the Krieghoff model 32, itself a very fast gun. They wer only made for about 10 years in various grades (field, trap, skeet, etc..) Mine is a Competition model which had fancier engraving on the reciever and nice wood. The ones to look for are the "1 of 1000" models, of which, as you might guess, only 1000/year were made.

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back