Shortage of 4499, other options.....
Feb 3, 2022 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
Hard pressed to find anything with a 4499 due to the fire. The Loxjie D30 is outstanding. Perhaps I should not press my luck. The SU9N specs a bit better. I was wondering if anyone knows if it sounds much nicer or not? Or what kind of an upgrade could I get in one of these? Or have I hit the wall with these things already? I know there are much better dacs but I mean these Chinese thingamajigs. Otherwise what is much better that is this small? A DAP?

Edit: The Hip DAC II is most likely much better than these?'

Edit: I am glad everyone is ignoring me. I am doing exactly what I said not to. That figures. Honestly this thing is a dead ringer for the ADI2 without any EQ. I don't know but I guess that says a lot for $250. Once again I am quitting while I am ahead. Moreover I was using the wrong headphones. The PS2KE was okay. With the K812 this really works well. I am going to really try to quit this before I get in trouble.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 7
Not ignoring you. In my case, I saw your post but had insufficient knowledge to answer your question. I've had dacs with different chips, but never at the same time to A/B them. The Liquid Platinum uses the 4499 (~$400 USED), I believe, and can be found with a little effort. Have a friend who had one and loved it, though I've never owned it personally.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Oh, did you have a budget in mind? There are pricier options with that chip that I didn't mention.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 7
$400 was the price. There is in fact a shortage. Currently the Liquid Platinum is $800 like all the 4499 options. Supply and demand but I did not really want to overpay. Did you know of a cheaper 4499?

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Feb 9, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 7
And there is one listed in classifieds here for $400 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back