Short review of Sharp hp-md33 earphones
Jan 26, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTripleA
Any idea how the Sharps might compare to the Sony 888s.

i just wrote it on the review
tongue.gif
anyhow they are just overall better then the 888 if you listen to many kinds of music . 888 (mine are lp) are better for classical though , since they treat the sound in a very delicate way and give out in a better mood that sort of kindness and politeness of sound that characterize concerts and opera hall .. anyhow , as I yet said in another posts around the forum , these "brainy ultra speculations" can sort out as overkill for earbuds to many readers..
md33 are more very well sorted "earbuds" then serious portable headphones , let's say 1-2 steps above the ksc35 and px100 ; but if you want some serious portables you should look elsewhere..

Jan 26, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 31
I placed an order for a pair of these, aswell as a ATH-A500 with bluetin and asked a simple question about the 4 Pole thingy to which I never got a response they also never gave me a final quote including the delivery cost (I e-mailed them about 4 weeks ago) and raised the price of the A500 by $12AU before I could complete my order. I probably won't be doing any business with them, ever. A shame because I could've compared them to my KSC-35/75 too.

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 31
What do you guys think about the cord noise? Its pretty disturbing when i'm walking. I can hear it alot! Anyone got a good fix?

I've been thinking about swapping the wires from the ex71 into the md33

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
just attach the chord near your chest or neck with a clip ..
you shouldn't have any more noise then

the cord noise usually comes from the cord when it rubs my neck or collar when i'm walking or turning my head

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #22 of 31
the drawback to the md33-s is that it costs 49 bucks from audiocubes.
This is more than double the price of the panasonic rp-hj350 that have the same eartips. The main thing about the md33-s and the panasonics is that they are ultra comfortable to wear for hours: more so than a great many other, much more pricey canalphones. The isolation is quite limited, but is a nice bonus as it blocks out the sharper sounds. They are also VERY small (i believe 3.5mm drivers) and the panasonics are 11 mm. This translates to about half the size of the actual casing. After all is said and done, it is probably easier to just get the panasonics unless you want the super trendy MD33-s and are serious about keeping them as your primary canalphones. (that turned out to be quite a bit longer than I predicted)

Apr 3, 2005 at 1:20 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarthan
the cord noise usually comes from the cord when it rubs my neck or collar when i'm walking or turning my head

it is better to wrap the cord around your ear from behind, before inserting the md33s into the ears. this way you eliminate nearly all cord-noise.

May 9, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #25 of 31
I'm going to try the mods pretty soon , and see if they are going to help the metallic edges ...

also wanted to say : they pair very nicely with the Rio Karma.

May 9, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by oluv
it is better to wrap the cord around your ear from behind, before inserting the md33s into the ears. this way you eliminate nearly all cord-noise.

Yeah, that's what I do, and the microphonics are kept to a minimum. I've had the MD33's for a few months now, got them specifically to use with my DS70 or DS30 minidisc players, and I wouldn't be without them now. For my ears, the sound is rich and bassy, but not boomy, nice and tight midrange and sweet highs (mind you, I think the DS70 helps, best sound I've heard from a portable... ever... avoiding 128k .mp3's of course. All my minidiscs are 320k .mp3's or straight CD copies..). I'm comparing them to the Senn MX500's and the "Sharpheisers" that came with the minidisc players.

I had some trouble inserting them at the beginning, but now, I have a One Hand Insertion technique which works well.

May 9, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

I'm going to try the mods pretty soon , and see if they are going to help the metallic edges ...

yeah, give it a try. for me, they are completely new canalphones after modding them (in a positive way, of course)
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by loco26
yeah, give it a try. for me, they are completely new canalphones after modding them (in a positive way, of course)
smily_headphones1.gif

second time I try the mod ( inserting some cotton on the driver grill )
still can't adjust it to stay in site period ....

May 16, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

second time I try the mod ( inserting some cotton on the driver grill )
still can't adjust it to stay in site period ....

sorry, I guess it's my bad english, I just don't get it: which of the mods have you tried out? and what was the problem?

May 18, 2005 at 9:43 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

bluetin service is really not the best of this world ..

I took a look at the bluetin website, and I'm enraged to find that they have photoshopped a picture of Ryoko Hirosue (a Japanese Celebrity) for their own use on the front page.

Coming from Singapore, I'm ashamed that a singaporean based company is responsible for such a blatant act of piracy/copyright infringement
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back