Short high quality USB cable
Feb 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Goofy

New Head-Fier
I just received my Corda 3MOVE the other day (sounds great, by the way!), but the stock-cable is far too long for my setup.

So now I've been searching the forums, eBay and Google for at short high quality USB cable. And I am just about to give up. By short I mean only a couple of inches.

Can anyone help me out?
happy_face1.gif

PS: I am not interested in starting a "does quality matter with USB cables"-discussion.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 14
Sandisk 5 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader comes with a 3" long mini usb cable. It is the only cable that works with that reader because the readers usb port is recessed and the cable has a longer tip.

In a pinch, i'd just take a longer cable, cut it and connect the threads. There is no analog signal there, so it doesn't really matter
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

In a pinch, i'd just take a longer cable, cut it and connect the threads. There is no analog signal there, so it doesn't really matter

Not only is it digital it's error checked, so it's superior to optical/coaxial connections. I'd bet Pioneer TV you won't be able to notice any difference between a £1.50 USB cable and one made from the horn of a unicorn, sprinkled with fairy dust.

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: I am not interested in starting a "does quality matter with USB cables"-discussion.

Keep it on topic.

I would suggest hacking a longer one up as well.

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 14
I don't have the talent, nor the equipment, to modify a longer cable.

Was actually hoping that someone could point me in the direction of someone who sells them (oh, and also ships to Europe).

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 14
In that case I would suggest putting a post in the cable for sale forum and getting someone to DIY them for you. The DIY community here is worldwide and makes some very good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back