Short headphone cables
Nov 22, 2002 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

d_wilson

Member of the Trade: Etymotic Research EarBud-dy
How many of you are using products such as the newer iPod's with the remote control, that are looking for a shorter headphone cord?

Don Wilson
Etymotic Research

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 17
Shouldn't this be in the headphone forum?

wink.gif
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 17
No more short cables for me, because something always comes up and makes the short cord impractical - no shirt pocket, you clip it onto a T-shirt and it doesn't really stay, etc. The remote usually ends up on the belt loop of my jeans.

Nov 23, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 17
I would like a shorter cord to use with my iPod remote. I end up coiling up the cord from the remote. With a shorter cord you could place the remote better.

Nov 23, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 17
I think you should keep the current version and then make something along the lines of the Sony ex70sl. it has a short cord, but then it has a SMALL barely noticeable connector for an extention to make the cord longer. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Nov 23, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by cdub
I think you should keep the current version and then make something along the lines of the Sony ex70sl. it has a short cord, but then it has a SMALL barely noticeable connector for an extention to make the cord longer. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Having not seen the EX70SL... do you mean that it uses the old MP (micro plug) design? that'd be quite a cool way to go about having the best of both worlds if that IS the case...

I don't know how many variants of that design there could be though, looking at the MP on my original E741MPs, all it is, is a prong, and two metal cylinders around that.... I guess that Sony would be upset if you nabbed their design... but, what else could you do?!?!

Nov 23, 2002 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
I moved it to the Portables forum, actually
wink.gif

You deleted my long reply and others' in the process.

Nov 24, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
You deleted my long reply and others' in the process.

No I didn't -- the thread was moved intact; when a mod moves a thread, it doesn't alter the thread in any way whatsoever.

Nov 24, 2002 at 8:11 AM Post #13 of 17
I'd like a short cord.. It would give me a reason to upgrade from my EX70LP, which I only use because theres nothing comparible in the NZ market... (I need the isolation, and the ER6s are about the limit for my sig)
How about a 2 foot cord, with another 3 as an extension?

Nov 24, 2002 at 10:00 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
No I didn't -- the thread was moved intact; when a mod moves a thread, it doesn't alter the thread in any way whatsoever.

LOL

Are you saying I didn't reply earlier before it was moved??

I'm telling you man, my reply was deleted. No bad feelings, I just found your reply a bit amusing.

Nov 24, 2002 at 10:56 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Portably I use a slick sony pcdp with remote so, yes, short cord would be great.

However, head-fiers willing to buy an expensive earphone for portable use probably would prefer using a portable amp too, which (in the absence of a chestpocket) outrules short cord headphones as an option.

I bet a lot of people will be willing to answer your question. Surveys like this one makes us feel important!! Thank you!!

I wonder...

Are you targeting the question towards portable amp users and/or remote-users?? Or do just want to find out how many of us use remotes??

please elaborate...

Is that what you're after Flasken?

There seems to be about 4 of these threads at the moment... yours was the first reply in the thread in question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back