Shopping for my boss: Over-the-ear headphones
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

evilOlive

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I was looking for a few suggestions for headphones for my boss. He's taking an 11-hour flight soon and wanted to get a pair of over-the-ear headphones to block out noise and listen to some music. They were just going to go to Best Buy and pick out whatever (bleh), but I know that's going to be a waste of money and he could get some quality headphones instead. With that said, he's not an audiophile and I only know a little bit more than average, but could you guys give me some suggestions in say, ~$50, ~$100, and $150+ range?

Comfort and noise reduction (to avoid those crying babies or other airplane annoyances) are definitely priority, so whatever good sound quality we can get after that is a bonus. He's not really comfortable with earbuds so I'm still gonna stick with Over-the-ear headphones. Money is no problem for him, but if I'm gonna suggest a more expensive pair I just have to have some reasoning behind it is all.

So far all that really caught my eye are these Sennheiser HD 439's, only because I'm familiar with the Sennheiser brand being good. Any thoughts?
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-439-Closed-Back-Headphones-Black/dp/B005SNPV94%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJ7VMODKUTIUWFY2Q%26tag%3Dheadfiorg-pro-mct-li-t-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB005SNPV94

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I would suggest any IEMs over active noise cancellation headphoness, but that is just personal preference. For someone like your boss, who may value comfort way over sound quality, who knows...

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi!

You should read about Logitech UE6000. I think you can find them pretty cheap these days.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back