Shop for Grado jumbos in Chicago
Oct 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Bullseye

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey there.

One family member of mine is going to travel to Chicago soon, and I am looking for some jumbo pads. He is going to stay at the "Millennium Mile" area in Chicago. So for any of you headfiers from Chicago, what is the closest place from there where he can find those Jumbo pads for grado headphones?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 14
Music Direct in the West Loop is where I would suggest... not the easiest place to find, and no real public transportation out there, but it's worth the trip in my opinion.

It's not exactly a store, though they do have a showroom floor, it seems more like the business center for the website (musicdirect.com). Anyway, they should have it.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 14
Thanks for the advice. However he won't have much time to wander around. If there is just a small shop close to where he is staying at it would be enough.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 14
Bumping this thread again.

Gonna extend the question to two products.

The area I am asking for is as close to the Hancock towers as possible (that is where the hotel of my family member will be).

Around there where can you buy some jumbo pads and a Zune HD?

Oct 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 14
Large collections on Audio Equipment & Accessories at Decibel.com

he can get there via the subway.

and he can pick up some shirts too.

decibelchicago_2076_764004

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #6 of 14
^Thanks, even if they don't seem to have grado jumbo pads online.

And how about a place also close to the hancock tower (as close as possible) that sells Zune HD?

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Thanks, even if they don't seem to have grado jumbo pads online.

And how about a place also close to the hancock tower (as close as possible) that sells Zune HD?

yeah, i meant to call them today and see if they had them. ill call tomorrow (wednesday)

There is a Best Buy INSIDE the Hancock. is that close enough?
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #8 of 14
^Great! Thanks for the info. I'd also appreciate if you were to call them as calling from Europe is very expensive.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #10 of 14
I'd like a pair of jumbo pads (the bigg ass pads
smily_headphones1.gif
), but they'd have to be held for when my family member gets there. He is going to Chicago in around 9 days.

BTW what is the price for them? W/O shipping, just getting them directly at the shop.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like a pair of jumbo pads (the bigg ass pads
smily_headphones1.gif
), but they'd have to be held for when my family member gets there. He is going to Chicago in around 9 days.

BTW what is the price for them? W/O shipping, just getting them directly at the shop.

the ones like on the 1000's, right?

he said less than or around 50 USD, which is what TTVJ sells them for.

if you want them for sure i will let him know and have him hold them. theyre good guys there. real friendly.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 14
Yeah, the ones on the gs-1000

At TTVJ they cost $45.

I really want them. They are cheaper buying them there than in Europe. I will have to give directions to my f. member about where the store is (close to where his hotel is), so he can get there and pick 'em up for me.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #13 of 14
To be honest, he can probably get to Music Direct faster using the train then Decibel Audio if he is by the Hancock building.

Music Direct is like a block or two off of the Green Line Ashland stop. They are also very nice people.

Then again the neighborhood around Decibel is nicer....Music Direct is more of a warehouse district.

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #14 of 14
Meh, I just got news that the Zune HD was out of stock in the Best Buy @ hancock tower, and that he won't be able to make it to Decibel audio in time... Damn that sucks! Wanted to get the jumbo pads as well as the Zune.

Anyways I will have to wait for when he goes to Phoenix, Atlanta, to see if he has more luck over there. That will be next month, so not long from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back