Shokz OpenFit - mini review
Jan 9, 2024 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

m4rkw

100+ Head-Fier
For medical reasons I've been told that for the timebeing I can't wear earbuds or over-ear headphones. Sucks to be me!

So I'm now rocking the Shokz OpenFit. These are are a new kind of earbuds that hook around your ear and then have a tiny speaker that rests by the opening of the ear, but is essentially a completely open design. So no ANC and you can hear all of your surroundings. I love ANC but unfortunately at the moment this is all I can wear.

I was initially thinking of getting the OpenRun Pro which are bone conduction headphones but went to John Lewis and they had them on demo alongside the OpenFit. The OpenFits sounded much better, night and day difference, so I went with them.

They sound really good for what they are, although are somewhat deficient in low bass frequencies for obvious reasons. Some of the mid-bass occasionally distorts too. But I'm mostly happy with them, just glad to be able to wear anything at all at this point!

Tube journeys are tolerable with music playing but trying to watch TV or listen to podcasts with that much noise around doesn't really work.

They're good for cycling too but the traffic noise does occasionally overpower them if listening to a podcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back