Shoegaze recommendations
Apr 17, 2006 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

boss

Head-Fier
Hey folks. I'm looking for some more shoegaze (or shoegaze-esque or shoegaze inspired music) to check out. Any recommendation would be appreciated, but I'll love you if you can recommend:
biggrin.gif
  1. Hard rocking stuff, along the lines of My Vitriol
  2. Electronic inspired stuff, along the lines of Eskimohunter
  3. Beautiful, catchy melodies along the lines of Swirlies
Here are my current preferences: Catherine Wheel, Ride, Lush, Mew, My Bloody Valentine, A Northern Chorus, My Vitriol, The Rosemarys, Swirlies, The Cooper Temple Clause, Afraid Of Stairs, The Life And Times, Serena Maneesh, Shushshush, The Brother Kite, Eskimohunter, Starflyer 59, A Faulty Chromosome, Kitchens Of Distinction, Sweet Trip.

Also, I have a hard time getting into the dream pop aspect of shoegaze, but I do like the Cocteau Twins, so if you have any dream pop reccs, don't be shy. Thanks in advance.

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by boss
[*]Hard rocking stuff, along the lines of My Vitriol

If you haven't heard Swervedriver, you should pick up Mezcal Head asap.

On the electronic side, you may enjoy M83.... there's a whole thread about this that you can search out, don't have time to link it for you right now.

Apr 17, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 8
Moose

and Squirrel (just kidding
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 8
No ones recommended any Sigur Ros???
Start with Agaetis Byrjun.
And I second SOuvlaki by Sklowdive-terrific album.

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
No ones recommended any Sigur Ros???
Start with Agaetis Byrjun.
And I second SOuvlaki by Sklowdive-terrific album.

I don't think you can categorize Sigur Ros as shoegazer music. The style really was mid-80's to mid-90s, anyway.

Thanks, DarkAngel, for providing the prior threads. I'll steal from myself, and re-iterate my two favorite shoegazer albums:

Nowhere (Ride)

Perfect Prescription (Spacemen 3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back