Shippipng to europe
Nov 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

turgonml

New Head-Fier

[size=medium]
Has anyone ever had AMB shiped to Europe? Or digikey or Mouser? Did you get slammed with large customs fee's?

I wan't to build a β22, the components from the AMB site cost 315, plus I'm guessing about 150 from digikey, which I can handle.
[/size]

Nov 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 5
I´ve ordered from digikey a few times, and UPS has always called me before delivery to collect the customs fees.

Ordered twice from AMB, and they got trough. Better chance to avoid customs with regular mail than UPS, Fedex etc in my experience.

Note this is when ordering to Sweden, Italy will probably be different.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 5
In my experience you'd better avoid Mouser. I bought to them 100$ in parts for one mini^3 and  one gamma1-2. They charged 18% custom fees to me . AMB didn't, just shipping cost. I've bought items much more expensive in many occasions to USA sellers and  never had problems with customs, no matter courier company was UPS,  US national postal service, Fedex, etc but Mouser will charge an aditional fee anyways to European residents.

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 5
I've never had any problems ordering from AMB or Mouser and getting things shipped to the UK. My understanding of it was that Mouser pays your customs fees in advance and charges you at the checkout which is fine by me. Can't say I've ever noticed the fees being particularly large - import tax is ~3-4% here on top of the regular 17.5% VAT.

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 5
It's different in every country I guess, but here in Czech Republic it is now 20 % VAT plus 3.5 % tax. It applies to shipments over 100-150 USD including shipping. If there is Digikey branch in your country you might get better prices without taxes. (It seems there is: http://www.digikey.it/ unlike herein CZ). If there is no branch in your Country they send goods from US which means taxes, expensive shipping and slower delivery). They don't send goods from other European country but from US, this logic has yet to be explained to me :)
--
het.s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back