Shipping outside the US? do you like to do it?
Apr 28, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 14
Yes, I like it when others do it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 11:45 AM Post #7 of 14
Just to make things clear.

For the US seller the ONLY thing is that at the Post Office he has to fill a little green sticker to be put on the parcel (nature of the item and estimated value).

It takes about 15-20 seconds and that's all the "hassle" involved.

For the EU buyer: there is a risk related to customs (which can ask him to pay taxes when receiving the parcel). THIS DOES NOT CONCERN THE US SELLER.

That's all, folks.

Apr 28, 2005 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 14
Everything I've bought except my speakers (from Ireland) came from the US and I never paid any customs tax on anything, because as greenhorn said people filled out the little green sticker and there was never any problems :p

Apr 28, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnytimes
its alot harder to determine shipping costs, even with the online estimators.

On the contrary, it's pretty simple. The above mentioned USPS shipping calculator is easy to use, you just need to know the weight of the parcel and the country where it's going.

Apr 28, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #13 of 14
I don't mind selling overseas as long as the buyer knows that the cost has to go up to offset the additional shipping charges, which is usually no big deal.

One thing I don't like though is that electronic package tracking usually dies after it leaves the US. I know whenever I ship to Canada, I seldom get updates after it hits US/Canadian customs and one of the only two things I've ever sent to Asia fell off the radar altogether and I never heard back from the buyer, but he did leave feedback for me on ebay so I assumed he got it one piece. The other package I shipped to Asia went to Hong Kong by donkey or rowboat or something else (buyer balked at the costs of using a mainstream shipper so we used USPS parcel post) and didn't arrive for over a month. He was patient about it and never once complained so it worked out well in the end. I for one HATE not being able to give some kind of updates when the buyer requests them. I've never had anything get lost in shipping, but the loss of "percieved control" kinda sucks.

The only other thing I fear is the potential of doing an overseas damage claim. Never had to do one, KNOCK ON WOOD, but I shudder to think.

Apr 29, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 14
see, I just bought a modded toshiba dvd player from a norway users who didnt know shipping to france. He added roughly 10-15 euros to his price n that was over with. Maybe I paid 5 euros more than I should have, but the player was shipped the same day, we went through 2 PMs altogether, and I will probably receive my player in the next few days.

Point being, if you dont want to bother calculating shipping, then round it up, noone cares about playing slightly more... I dont anyway
smily_headphones1.gif
and if YOU do, youve got issues :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back