shipping headphones advice
Apr 27, 2005 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
I shipped out a pair of headphones to a head-fier in Canada and they went out on 4/18 (may have been 4/19 before they were put on a truck). I just received a PM today stating that they haven't gotten there yet. The US Postal Service told me that it should take 4-7 days (airmail). It's now been exactly 7 days since the package was on it's way. Since it was sent to Canada, I don't have a method for tracking it, and unfortunately my seller protection through Paypal is ineligible.

I'm hoping that it's just taking a little longer than expected-- especially since once it goes beyond the US border, usps.com can't track it.

Anyone run into the same situation? What happens if they claim they didn't receive the headphones?

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 10
It's just because all the packages are all backed up at customs. If I'm expecting a package via USPS I wouldn't expect it for around a month. There's not much you can do about it. Just tell the buyer that Customs Canada has problems keeping up with packages and it's very likely stuck at some depot.

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 10
Give it another few weeks or so before you take any compensation actions. USPS can be slow and errornous. If they don't arrive(or are claimed that), either a full refund or split refund would be the right thing to do or offer. This is a risk that does indeed fall on the buyer and seller. That is why it is smart imo to purchase insurance which includes dc as a precaution.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good Luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 10
I already PM'ed them back, and will send them another PM informing them what you told me regarding customs. The weird thing is that the post office never had me fill out a customs form, which they usually do when shipping to Canada. Perhaps this is what's causing the delay?

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
It's just because all the packages are all backed up at customs. If I'm expecting a package via USPS I wouldn't expect it for around a month. There's not much you can do about it. Just tell the buyer that Customs Canada has problems keeping up with packages and it's very likely stuck at some depot.

I shiped some headphones to Canada thru USPS 1st class (slower than Air) and they arrived in 10 days.

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I shiped some headphones to Canada thru USPS 1st class (slower than Air) and they arrived in 10 days.

Hmm maybe they finally cleared the backlog. That would be great news for us up North!
600smile.gif

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #7 of 10
Once a US Airmail Letter Post took five weeks to get from the US east coast to the Netherlands. I strongly suspect it got stuk at the Customs here.
confused.gif
Usually it takes 4-7 days.

Apr 27, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 10
Airmail if there is custom can be slow as hell. Shipped 5 books from US seller to Canada. Airmail 5 weeks and that was way before the backlog maybe they had an other backlog at that time? If no custom lower than 20$ it's usualy 1 week to 2 week. They didn't ask you how much was the packages? weird. let hope they ship directly and it's not stuck in custom.

Apr 27, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 10
if you didn't fill out a customs slip it might not get past the border, this was the shipping clerks fault, they probably forgot. If there is no documentation they will open it up and inspect the contents, which might take awhile. Usually getting a package from the u.s takes 7-10 days for me, up to 3 weeks if customs snags it. not to mention the buyer will get a nice customs fee and tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back