shipping from japan to the US
Dec 18, 2004 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ayt999

Headphoneus Supremus
so if someone ships something (let's assume it is a headphone) from a post office in japan to somewhere in the US, does it usually incur import duties / taxes?

what usually happens in the shipping process with shipments (from AudioCubes for example) that cost a few hundred (or few thousand) dollars?

I've never shipped anything before (usually bring them on the plane with me) but was wondering what the total cost of shipping and if it would involve a lot of work to do so.

Dec 19, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 13
okay... sounds good.

thanks for the info guys.

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 13
This isn't totally relevant because it was to Australia, but I thought it could help:

Audiocubes mark the package as "gift" and put the value low, when they shipped to Australia. The value they wrote for the A900's was about $40 or $50, I can't remember exactly. Australian customs opened the package to check it, but let it go through with no problems.

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 13
Duty is quite lax.

Last time I ordered from Audiocubes the package was quite obviously from a company, and it was declared as a "gift".

So no taxes were paid on it.
wink.gif

-Ed

Dec 19, 2004 at 1:15 PM Post #9 of 13
I have noticed that Europe bound packages are scrutinised much more throughly. I had a PDA sent from the US to Australia. While the value of that was USD350 I had to pay about AUD60 in taxes
mad.gif
eek.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I ordered some Audio-Technica headphones from Audiocubes on December 9th. The headphones were $199.00 + $14.00 [shipping/no tax]. It is December 19th and I still don't have them yet. I guess that's normal, huh...?
mad.gif

You might want to contact Audio Cubes. When I ordered my pair, I received mine in less than a week (though I'm not sure if THAT was normal).

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #12 of 13
I dont think A/C would be effected by the christmas rush, since it uses EMS which has pirority shipping. Also maybe the check/order is clearing, maybe the MO is taking a snail trail to Japan due to xmas rush. What does your order status say "pending/shipped"

Dec 21, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 13
The headphones that I ordered from Audiocubes on December 9th arrived today on December 21st. I'm not complaining. I thought that they would arrive sooner, but I guess twelve days from Japan isn't that bad. It isn't setting any records, but it isn't that bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back