Shipping from China
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MacAttack7

100+ Head-Fier
Ordered some earphones.
My shipping address is in America, but shipping shows my earphones were sent from China to Netherlands.
I think this is because the tracking log states 'restricted item - battery item'.
These are simple wired earphones...no battery, so that was a mistake I guess.

Anyone ever have this happen?
Wondering if I should consider the package lost or hold out hope I'll receive it someday.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 8
If you ordered from Aliexpress there is likely that you are experiencing their VERY strange routing, which makes shipping for them cheaper, even though it may seem convoluted from the consumer endpoint.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 8
Yep it's normal. I order from AliExpress and it shows via Netherlands half the time. All depends which cargo container it's in. I had one marked like that from SMSL sending a remote control. All totally normal to get flagged for battery even if it doesn't have one.

Nov 27, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Same for me in Sweden. Most of my orders from AE are going via the Netherlands.
Seems they have a bigger sorting hub there.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 8
its probobly a sorting hub but also make sure the store you bought from is trustworthy, some aliexpress scam stores will use shipping numbers for other shipments to make the customer beleive that their product has been shipped.

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #6 of 8
It's a well known shipping route that especially make sense for people like me located in europe. In that case goods will then resend within the european union and we avoid the import taxes.

Not forgot to mention that Aliexpress and especially that Temu are a niche for fake shops or delivering trash or false products.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 8
In case anyone ever pulls up this thread, I received my package.
Ordered Nov 17th, received Dec 11th.
Guess that's not too bad. The Netherlands thing really threw me off.

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 8
Ordered from Hifigo 13th Nov, still waiting. Came to Amsterdam 25th but then nothing.
No support from Hifigo. I have to wait……… Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back