Shipping from Canada to US. Need some info.
Feb 6, 2007 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AsuAmo76

100+ Head-Fier
Do you guys know about the U.S. customs policy for the cans, cables, amps shipped from Canada? Does it make difference if the item was produced in the US?

I started similar thread on cables forum, but there is not much activity down there.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 5
I believe the limit for products imported into/sent to anyone in the US for personal use is rather high (compared to Canada). I've tried looking here and there, and I think the value is around $300 but maybe $500 even.

As far as production, not sure if that has any bearing, but I could be wrong. I've had an item sent to me from Japan in the States; it's declared value was around $250, and I was not charged tax or any customs duty.

The Canada-US mail journey is usually problematic on the Canadian side of the border, where Canadian customs has been known to hold parcels for a while. And also you have to worry about custom duty. Also whatever you do, don't use UPS to send anything to anyone in Canada...

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I bought some used cans from Canada and the declared value was $250. It came within a few days and I had no problems at all.

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 5
While we're talking about Canada, where are some good places to get good headphones in the land of ice? I'm living in Edmonton, and so far I've only found one place that sells nicer headphones (The Gramophone). Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back