SHINRICO XRK MHD20 - the new digital transport & ES9038PRO DAC will come
Feb 18, 2018 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

PitBul34

100+ Head-Fier
When I've found the new XRX MHD20 at http://www.shinrico.net/en/produce_view.asp?id=633, I didn't think much time and bought it (RTL $1380). Two weeks ago I've got it and maked some tests.

The main features are:

- ARM + FPGA architecture
- 4 hi-quality clock generators
- Two operating systems (Linux Andrews and Android 7.1)
- 2x universal USB input\output ports (supported: Ethernet\Ethernet WiFi USB card for DLNA\UPNP and software installation, USB Hub, Flash memory, External HDD, wireless mouse and keyboard controllers, and USB Audio output to external DAC)
- I2S LVDS output (fully compatible with my Denafrips 'Pontus' DAC in PCM and DSD modes)
- Read up to PCM768 and DSD256 (I've tested it, works fine)
- Touch screen (in Android OS only)
- IR remote controll unit
- Software remote controll via XRX Player App, Bubble UPNP etc.
- ES9038PRO DAC onboard (sounds very good)

Just look at it:
_DSC0400.JPG _DSC0401.JPG _DSC0402.JPG _DSC0403.JPG _DSC0405.JPG _DSC0406.JPG _DSC0407.JPG _DSC0408.JPG _DSC0409.JPG

XRK MHD20 sounds very pleasure with deep layered soundstage, many air around, with prompt textured bass, natural mids and clear highs without coloration. IMHO, it sounds better than my Soundaware D100PRO digital transport. So, I've decided to sell my D100PRO digital transport.

Here are some videos (sorry, in russian) and some download links to audio samples taked by Tascam lossless recorder in my sound room (wav 24\96):

Sample #11 (what output mode is better?). Files in archive:

SHD20_via_I2S_011.wav - SHD20 output via I2S LVDS to Denafrips Pontus DAC in NOS mode.
SHD20_via_USB_011.wav - SHD20 output via USB Audio Out to Denafrips Pontus DAC in NOS mode (Amanero Combo384).
SHD20_via_AES_011.wav- SHD20 output via digital AES/EBU interface to Denafrips ‘Pontus’ DAC in NOS mode.
SWD100_via_AES_011.wav - Soundaware D100PRO output via digital AES/EBU interface to Denafrips Pontus DAC in NOS mode.

Sample #3 (Jazz variants)

Sample #4 (Female vocal)

Sample #5 (Male vocal)

Attachments

• HTB1dwRUi7fb_uJjSsrbq6z6bVXaV.jpg
    HTB1dwRUi7fb_uJjSsrbq6z6bVXaV.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0
  • HTB1SMuhdMjN8KJjSZFkq6yboXXaJ.jpg
    HTB1SMuhdMjN8KJjSZFkq6yboXXaJ.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 13
Ok thanks.

i have tried under linux no problems except two little things.
firstly is there way during the reading to have no more white between the pieces cheeks ?
is there a crossfade mode ?

secondly with the application xrk we can create a playlist ok but how do we listen to a continuous album without creating playlists?

Now under android

for the moment I have not managed to activate the wifi and active bleutooth but not recognized on my smartphone .
I try later afin .

if not in android is it possible to use kodi on xrk?

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #13 of 13
hello pitbul and thank you for your previous answer.
i use shd 20 mainly only under linux I am extremely happy..
The only negative point that I encounter when I create a play list on the application xrk those are the moments of blank between each titles.

would there be a way to avoid this? another application to use under linux having a crossfade mode? or any other way to chain the titles without blank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back