shielding for my amp
Sep 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dAdE0H0

Head-Fier
I Just got an ipod touch and when my hook my iBasso T1 I get a loud buzzing noise while it boots up. (sound like a loose connection)

Is there anyway to make some sort of shield for it?
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 9
how do u have ur amp hooked up? mini to mini or lod to mini? r u sure that the cable is good? check the gain settings and make sure they are set to the appropriate level for ur headphones.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by imhungry29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do u have ur amp hooked up? mini to mini or lod to mini? r u sure that the cable is good? check the gain settings and make sure they are set to the appropriate level for ur headphones.

Hi hooked up mini to mini.

I've tried 2 different cables and the same thing happens when I attatch the t1 on the back of the touch via velcro. If I keep it about an inch away it's fine no noise.

Using PK3's and JVC Marshmallow's same thing on both as well.

If it makes any difference it's a G3 touch 64GB.

Never happened with my Zune.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntropic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you get noise if you turn off your wifi?

Yep it's the wifi.

Just tested it out an without it turned on no noise with it turned on noise
triportsad.gif

What can I do??

Sep 17, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Do you get noise if you turn off your wifi?

smart man thanks for making me feel stupid LOL jk jk

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 9
Hard to say what you can do to shield against wifi, since you don't want to be blocking the signal too much.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Hard to say what you can do to shield against wifi, since you don't want to be blocking the signal too much.

My T1 is so small I wonder if I could put some kind of sheilding in that?

Sep 20, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #9 of 9
in the case of the T1 there is not a lot you can do, in general shielding of regular amounts will not do much to help tghe situation and it will be the opamp in the T1 that is sensitive to RFI. if you could roll opamps, you could find one less prone to interference, but that is out of the question. HA has some card type thing that he puts between his iphone and amp and this works; not sure what its called. you can only shield the amp, not the touch or you may as well just have wifi off. even then you will have the problem of your LOD needing to be shielded as well.

bottom line: buy gear that works well together. I suspect the pico slim and shadow will be well shielded; ibasso amps have a history of having poor shielding. by turning the wifi off, may as well just have a regular ipod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back