Sheer Audio HA-600+ Opinions
Apr 17, 2010 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lescanard

100+ Head-Fier
I've been cruising the threads reading up a lot recently. I'm interested in adding a nice SS amp to my stable to compliment my LDI+ as well as my d10 portable. I've looked at and read about many options. My main criteria:

1 - Great for driving my primary phones (k701s and D2000s) both of which I love.
2 - Bang for the buck - I have a threshold for price to performance - I have looked at many different options but don't want to spend $400+ on an amp at this point.

Basically - it will be 1 of my 2 primary amps (with the LD I+ Hybrid) - running Lossless out of a Macbook-->DacMagic-->Amp-->K701s/D2000s.

I'm looking for that neutral and transparent sound signature with great power and punch that SS amps are known for (especially for my AKGs). I'm not capable of building an amp on my own.

I've read many positive comments from experienced head-fiers about the HA-600+ and am starting to lean that way. The price seems right as well. Any comments about this amp with my setup would be greatly appreciated. I listen to a wide range of music - Acoustic and Vocal, Alternative Rock, Folk/Roots Rock, Jazz, etc. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back