Sheer Audio HA-006+?
May 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Blotto80

100+ Head-Fier
Is still a great amp for the money? I was originally looking at some ~$300 tube amps (LD MKIII/IV, Vahalla) for my HD650s but I find myself drifting to thoughts of HE-500s and most entry class tube amps seem to power either the HD650s well or the HE-500s well but not both.
It seems that for $280 the HA-006+ is a pretty great value and some of the adjectives I've heard used to describe it are exactly what I'm after (slightly warm, smooth).
Some other amps in the price range that have my interest are:

Asgard
NFB-12 (Would be nice to have optical in, not running a DAC just out of my Auzentech Forte, but I've heard the NFB-12 is too warm for the HD650)
Matrix M-Stage

Anything else I should consider?

May 18, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 11
I got the HA-006+ for $280, the HA-006++ Special Edition is $450.  While the upgrades do look appealing, I just didn't have the scratch to go that high.  The stock HA-006+ should offer more than enough performance for my liking.

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Showed up the other day. After a slight glitch that David at acoustic fun helped me through wonderfully, I got to spend some listening time last night and today. It makes my 650s sing. Clarity and detail have drastically increased from my original master amp and bass impact is amazing. Overall I'm very pleased.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
semi resurrecting this thread... was just about to order one yesterday, and today they removed it off of the website :frowning2:

I'm in the same position. Was planning on buying an HA-006+ to pair with my AD2000's. Anyone know when (or if) the HA-006+ will be back in stock?

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #9 of 11
While I'm pretty pleased with my amp, I don't know if I'd recommend buying one as the service was pretty poor. It took a very long time to ship and when I finally received it, the output jack was miswired leaving it non-functional. They got me to take some pics and advised how to fix it (which was preferred to sending it back) and offered to send me an upgraded, properly wired jack. I've never received that and my emails have gone unanswered.
It's not a big deal, the amp works and sounds great but after paying full price for a brand new amp with such a huge QA issue, it's the least they could have done. Offering it and not following through was much worse than just not offering it.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #11 of 11
It's a shame. The HA006+ was so cheap. I guess they are only making the ++ now which is a lot more expensive than it needs to be... Sales volume must be low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back