Sharper Image??
Jan 21, 2005 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Loki Woods

New Head-Fier
Alright, so I recently bought a pair of SennHD497's and Grado SR80's to replace this old pair of Sharper Image headphones I got about a year or two ago. Well the thing is that the Sharper Image headphones are better. Much better. The highs are detailed but not harsh, the mids are nice and warm sounding, and the bass is much more tight and deep than either the Senns or the Grado. At first I thought it was because the new headphones needed some burn in time but after about 50 hours a piece the Sharper Image cans still sound much better. I've looked on the Sharper Image website and the model I own has been discontinued and I can't get any info anywhere. I had no idea Sharper Image made good headphones. I thought that the Grados or the Senns would blow them away but I was very dissapointed. Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone listened to the Sharper Image headphones before?

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 2
You're probably used to the sound of your old headphones

Wear the senns/grados only for a few weeks and then come back to the Sharper Image ones and see which you like better still

Users who are viewing this thread

Back