Sharp SS323
Jun 3, 2004 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pappucho

1000+ Head-Fier
Wow, just got my first MD player and I'm quite impressed at the build quality of this little player. I don't even own a single minidisc, so I can't comment yet on how it sounds, but judging from Purk's and Tbdoah's comments on other threads I have something great to look forward to. How many SS323 owner's are there here? Any opinions you care to share? Being new to MD, what would be a good cheap high quality home deck recorder? Any recommendations? Also, what can I expect to be the battery usage time? Being a Japan only release, AFAIK, the manual is in Japanese only....

Jun 4, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Congratulations. You are in for a treat!!. I used my R900 to record most of my music. Since I went crazy on the home rig, I rarely use my portable any more. I believe you should get some of a home recorder and play with it. You will find the feature of the SS323 to be awesome. May I ask where did you get it from? SS323 was very expensive player by Sharp. In fact, it was priced as high as the Sharp MT-831 during those days. I still hold on to two SS323 and won't let them go. The player is extremely well built and that slot-in mechanism is way cool.

BTW, SS323 works wonder with many phones. It gives my CD3K a really good tunes. To my ears, it headphones out is difficult to beat. The EQ fuction is awesome. You must try the E484 with it.

PUrk

Jun 4, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Purk, I was hoping you would offer some input here. I got the SS323 off of ebay. I saw a unbelievable buy it now price of 100 bucks and jumped on it. I read on the portaphile thread you got both of yours for 280, so I new this was a steal. This is my first foray into Minidisc so I am going to have to invest a little more to get a recorder and some discs, but it sounds like it'll be worth it. I am looking forward to trying it out. I noticed that Tbdoah just recently bought one as well so it looks like there are three SS323 owners at least here. What's strange is that I have yet to find a post on any of the MD forums for this player. Wonder why that is? Could it be that this was a very limited release?

Jun 4, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 4
real great deal. You will be hardly disappoint. If you need any more infor or help with the Sharp MD-SS323, just let me know. I rarely check the portable forum. You are in for a treat. You will love its headphone out ability. It works wonder with all of my low impedance cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back