Sharp MD33's 3pole without mod?
Jan 8, 2005 at 8:44 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly
Anyone tried this? http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Sh...ter_Cable.html

It looks really short... or is it just like the cable included with the md33?

That's just like the one that came with my Sharp MD-DR480.

From memory it's got between 125 and 160 ohms of resistance between either side depending on what pole you measure.

I guess that's to protect the two -ve's of the 4 pole output amp when they are connected together??

Jan 8, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #20 of 30
Oh yeah, I ended up buying some Koss KSC-50's and custom wired them to a 4 pole plug from Jaycar to use with the MD. Sounds fantastic.

Jan 8, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #21 of 30
And.....if you look on the bottom of this page it's got the 4 pole pin configuration

Jan 8, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #22 of 30
that converter cable that you see from a/c is actually for connecting from MD > car deck.... I tried it with my earphones and the volume levels become lower... I finished my converter cable and it sounds OK, much better then the sharp one for USD10

Jan 8, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko_citizen
I finished my converter cable and it sounds OK, much better then the sharp one for USD10

Could you please describe (with pictures if possible) how you made this converter? What parts did you use?

Jan 9, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #24 of 30
Parts can be sourced from mouser. by mucking around with the different poles, as well as the grounds. Nothing to hard. Soz no pics as my camera is stuffed
mad.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko_citizen
that converter cable that you see from a/c is actually for connecting from MD > car deck.... I tried it with my earphones and the volume levels become lower... I finished my converter cable and it sounds OK, much better then the sharp one for USD10

You mean lower or worse? You could just up the volume level on your audio player couldn't you?

Also, is it really that short (from Audiocube's image, it looks <10cm)? The only thing that is keeping me away from the MD33 is the cable length. If I only have to increase the volume level on my DAP to shorten the cable length, I'd buy the MD33 right away.

Jan 9, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #26 of 30
I dont understand...
Why are those people from AudioCubes placing this on their site:

"Also suitable for non-4 Polar portable units"

And still people seem to have problems with these earbuds when using them with non-4polar units.
plainface.gif

I suppose that must have been a mistake??

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly
u mean lower or worse? You could just up the volume level on your audio player couldn't you?

Also, is it really that short (from Audiocube's image, it looks <10cm)? The only thing that is keeping me away from the MD33 is the cable length. If I only have to increase the volume level on my DAP to shorten the cable length, I'd buy the MD33 right away.

Well the sound seems to be at a reduced level, and it is quite soft even when it is turned up fully (30/30 :O) so yea! it is wierd, the cable is hell short, bout 10-14cms is bout right, I dunno if my thing would work, but a cmoy amp would prob be needed to drive the headphones after using that short converter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back