Sharp MD33's 3pole without mod?
Dec 9, 2004 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Mintieman

New Head-Fier
I got Sharp MD33's today, and besides really loving the sound, to my suprise I also discovered they're stereo with out the extension cable.... Are my Sharp MD33's a freaky exception, or am I misunderstanding this whole 4pole, 3 pole thing?

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 30
What's your source? Is it a Sharp too? That could explain it. I only get the left channel from my Sony MD when not using the extension.

Dec 9, 2004 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 30
you lucky one.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #9 of 30
It matters on which source it is, or jack rather. I had to do the three pole mod since they wouldn't work with my slimx remote, but it would work with an amp (switchcraft jack). My hack job ended up looking hideous and the plug is a little crooked.

Jan 6, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintieman
Nope, source is an iPod. Checked again on "Taxman" by the Beatles, which has both channels very seperate, I can hear them both

Is this a 3rd Gen iPod (with the touch wheel and 4 buttons under the screen), Mintieman? I haven't tried it yet, but if it works it'll save me some hassles.

Jan 7, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #15 of 30
I got the MD33s from AudioCubes and they work fine in stereo with my 4G iPod without the extension. Unfortunately, this is kind of worthless because without the extension, the cord is not long enough to reach from my ears to my pocket. I don't know why they didn't just make the cord a normal length and make the adapter a few inches long. Guess that would be too easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back