SHARP MD33 - GOOD
May 2, 2005 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Gouki

Head-Fier
I'm sure a lot of people have already heard the fanfare about the Sharp MD33s.

All I can say is, I have been using them for 7 days straight and have not touched any of my headphones yet. It is really quite good. Perhaps its because this is my first in-ear phones, it confides in you unlike headphones which just sits with you and lets you listen to them.

I crank up the volume and it just won't crack like cheap phones would.

I won't be taking my "bulky" 66SL around anymore (where is it by the way??).

I listen to a CD and hear the same coughing and heavy breathing that everyone touts after listening to a great set of phones.

For now it will serve as my night phones instead of the CD3000.

Problems? The long long cable due to the different plug that the MD33 has. Just bought a remote for my media player and the cable must be a good 2.5 metres long.

All in all, a very very good buy and its the first phone to leave me not wanting straight out of the box (the others were good, but they needed time).

May 2, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 15
thanks for the review, i just recommended my friend to get a pair :p

im still using my ex71s
etysmile.gif

May 2, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 15
I got mine last Saturday. They sound fairly good, and do a good job of blocking out external noise. They are a little bass heavy though IMO, but you cant complain at $49 shipped...

Now if only Grado would make a IEM/Isolating headphone...

May 2, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 15
It seems to me that the current set of canalphones all have dodgy cables. The EX71 has the annoying mid-cable plug adding much un-needed weight, and I believe the MD33 and Panasonic HJE50 also have similarly annoying mid-cable connectors, which also make them far too long. From what I have heard and seen, I am quite happy with my EX70 cable - about 1.5m long and nothing annoying to it.

I am thinking of getting a pair of Shure E2c 'phones, and just hope those cables are ok.

May 2, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #9 of 15
i think they would use play-dough, no ?

= )

May 2, 2005 at 11:23 AM Post #10 of 15
Is Grado considering adding canalphones to their line?

May 2, 2005 at 11:49 AM Post #11 of 15
well to make it sweet and short, no.
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordgibbness
It seems to me that the current set of canalphones all have dodgy cables. The EX71 has the annoying mid-cable plug adding much un-needed weight, and I believe the MD33 and Panasonic HJE50 also have similarly annoying mid-cable connectors, which also make them far too long. From what I have heard and seen, I am quite happy with my EX70 cable - about 1.5m long and nothing annoying to it.

I am thinking of getting a pair of Shure E2c 'phones, and just hope those cables are ok.

Well put it this way, the MD33s were designed for their portable MD player. Cables are indeed long but I'm sure there is an adapter somewhere in Akihabara for the MD33s. Or perhaps get someone to cut the cable and replace the plug with the right one, has anyone done this?

May 3, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #15 of 15
I'm listening to my MD-33 hooked up to my 4G iPod right now.

If they're a little bass heavy, try smaller tips- it worked for me. The bass is more accurate now, and much tighter, and the earphones still stay in my ears.

I actually drape the cord between my t-shirt and whatever i'm wearing outside of it (Polo, hoodie, button down) to cut down on the cord noise and reduce the effect of the heavy mid-cord plug. I drape it down my back, and it works far better than having the cord just dangling in front of me (with that very annoying cord noise whenever it slaps against something...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back