Sharp HP-MD33S - it doesn't get much better
May 29, 2004 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

baies

Head-Fier
There have been a few posts about these earbuds but very few people have them so it is not generally know how good they really are.

At first glance they appear to look similar to the Sony Ex 70's. They do share the same size tips at the Sony's but that is were the comparison ends. Some people have a hard time keeping the Sony's in their ear. The MD33S's are different. They are smaller and are held firmly in place by the tragus of the ear (the tragus is the little thing right above the lobe on the front side of the ear).

They provide a deep bass and clear highs. These attributes make them an ideal combination for a portable player.

Many people often want to know how the sound quality compares to other products. There is nothing in the same price range that comes close so to get a decent comparison you have to move into a different price range or even a different type of earphone like a full canalphone.

Comparing full canal, semi-canal, & non-canal earphones is often difficult because the full canalphone has the advantage of complete isolation. But I tried this anyway using a Shure E3, Audio-Technica ATH-CM7ti, and MD33S. The E3's have better highs, & the CM7ti's have better lows. But the MD33S's have the best combination of highs and lows. This was very hard for me to believe and I was very surprised. The MD33S's are 3 or 4 times cheaper than the other two and that makes it even more difficult to understand.

The MD33S's provide the best sound that I have heard from a portable player. I would recomend these to anyone looking for a new earphones!

May 29, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 7
At first glance, the title made it seem like the phones really sucked, glad that's not the case
biggrin.gif
. Mine should be coming in next week, I'll post my impressions then.

May 29, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 7
So how much do these cost? about $40USD?

Sound almost to good to be true maybe ill pick up a pair for my ipod.

May 29, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 7
Im actually considering buying these cause Im getting bored/annoyed with my ex70's (which sound good ONLY when u use the EQ (like the one on my e710 md)). It says the cord length is 65cm and also has 1m extension.... does the plug on the 65cm have only a 4pole on it, and if so do the earphones come with a small converter or do u have to use the 1m extension cable to be able to use it on normal portable sockets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back