Sharp AD-D1AC (e.g. 4 pole to 3 pole adaptor)
Nov 26, 2007 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Filburt

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know how this adaptor works? I'm somewhat reluctant to order overseas for one, so I figured I could just build one, but I don't know what the internal connection looks like. I also don't know what the actual output of the MD-DR7 looks like (e.g. is it just split grounds or is it differential), which doesn't help matters. While it sounds very good even with 3 pole phones plugged directly in, the output sounds dramatically different (better, really; much wider soundstage) when using the 4 pole Miniplug-RCA adaptor that the unit came with versus a standard 3 pole Mini-RCA. So, I'm thinking it may be worth it to build an adaptor for portable use (e.g. a mini-mini).

Alternately, if someone has one for sale, I guess that works too
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Gave in and ordered the adaptor from audiocubes >.<. Bizarrely, it appears yuin pk2 don't require the adaptor to work properly. I tested this by using the mini-RCA adaptor to an amp, and compared the sound amped vs. unamped, and then compared to using a standard mini-RCA. Unamped and with the proper adaptor, the sound differed dramatically from when using the standard mini-RCA. Not sure why it works properly without the adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back