Sharing Itunes Library?
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

camredfield

New Head-Fier
Hey, I realize this might not be the place to ask, but the community seems pretty knowledgable about music in general and I'd prefer to ask here than the Apple forums.   

If I were to just drag and drop my songs in my Itunes library (just going to songs, holding shift, and selecting them all, nothing more) on a Hard drive that is FAT32, would I be able to play the songs on another computer  with a different apple account?

Would it ask for account verification, or something along those lines?  Just thought I'd ask.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 5
If both computers are on the same home network and you've got sharing set up properly, so long as you type in a password on the other computer you should gain access to all of the original's library.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Depends where the files are from. If you ripped them from CDs, there shouldn't be any problems, but if you bought them from the iTunes store they're likely tied to your account. (I know apple made a big deal about removing DRM a while ago but I didn't keep track on weather they went through with it or not)

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 5
They are DRM free now. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, realized that when I recently tried copying some purchased track to my Android phone - surprised me that it worked, and worked easily. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back