Sharing audiphile experience! Open listening test featuring latest codecs and a newcomer CELT/Opus
Mar 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

IgorC

New Head-Fier
Hi,
This is my first post here on Head-Fi but I was around this forum already during some time. :rolleyes:

I wanted share with you the interesting news about new :) open listening test :)
Public Multiformat Listening Test @ ~64 kbps

In my opinion people who visit Head-Fi have some interesting findings and their vision over how music should sound. It's very important.

The comparison focuses on latest codecs (HE-AAC, Vorbis) and new CELT/Opus.
People who want participate can help to improve codecs which are used for online streaming, listening music on phone, real time application like audio/video conferencing at work, home or in games.

You can also describe your listening conditions as room, headphones, amplifiers, personal preferements etc.

At least during first time bitrate is reasonably low (64 kbits/s) but you will be surprise how modern codecs can be good anyway.

Well, I hope it will be a lot of things to discuss.

Igor,

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 7

The test is extended until the 10th of April.
It will be better to have more results for samples 11 and 14-30 (14,15....29,30) and results for other samples are welcome as well.

Apr 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #4 of 7
I hope you got some results for the samples you asked for in the last few days. Looking forward to the test results. :)

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Great job, celt/opus has come along quite nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back