ShareMe 5 Bluetooth Headphone Impression and Reviews Wanted Globally
Oct 27, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #76 of 112
  Good point. I always wonder about "quality" when I do a review. Do I take the price into consideration? My main complaint about the "quality" is that I worry if the hinge will hold up. But for the price, do I expect an all metal construction? probably not. So is that a pro or a con? Not sure. I am going to update my review title to be more specific though. Thanks for the feedback ! It's good to get feedback so that I can improve my reviews.

P.K. 

After I got the headphones I know what you mean about the hinge, and also about addressing quality when it comes to a review like this. This is the 1st time I'm doing a review on a product that I didn't purchase. I'm contemplating my approach. I'm leaning more towards putting myself in the shoes of what I think is the target consumer, which is non-audiophile budget minded average consumers that will take time to research and find the best bang for their buck.

The question I'm asking myself is, does this product give enough bang for the buck for someone whose budget is say $50-100? I'm having a hard time answering that simply cause my detail oriented and audiophile views are in the way, and that mindset might be complete overkill and overly harsh.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #77 of 112

After I got the headphones I know what you mean about the hinge, and also about addressing quality when it comes to a review like this. This is the 1st time I'm doing a review on a product that I didn't purchase. I'm contemplating my approach. I'm leaning more towards putting myself in the shoes of what I think is the target consumer, which is non-audiophile budget minded average consumers that will take time to research and find the best bang for their buck.

The question I'm asking myself is, does this product give enough bang for the buck for someone whose budget is say $50-100? I'm having a hard time answering that simply cause my detail oriented and audiophile views are in the way, and that mindset might be complete overkill and overly harsh.

I agree with what you said. It is not even whether how much money *I* paid for them, but what is the market price. There is "good enough for the price", which is the case for the ShareMe 5. Then there is "not good enough even if it is free/some-other-price" -- and in that case it needed to be pointed out factually. Funny thing about the ShareMe line -- they really should just sell the 5. last I look there is no price difference between the Pro and the 5. The 5 is so much better -- I guess the only reason you would want to buy the Pro is if you do not want the folding hinge.

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #78 of 112

I agree with what you said. It is not even whether how much money *I* paid for them, but what is the market price. There is "good enough for the price", which is the case for the ShareMe 5. Then there is "not good enough even if it is free/some-other-price" -- and in that case it needed to be pointed out factually. Funny thing about the ShareMe line -- they really should just sell the 5. last I look there is no price difference between the Pro and the 5. The 5 is so much better -- I guess the only reason you would want to buy the Pro is if you do not want the folding hinge.

I'm sort of with you here. I have all three ShareMe models on hand and can see reasons for having the Pro and 5 models. The 7 on the other hand is a little harder to justify. It sounds very similar to the Pro (a little better imo) but they feel like an inexpensive pair of headphones and do not inspire much confidence when it comes to durability. They only cost maybe 5-10 USD less than the other models. 

The Pro on the other hand is built like a tank. Really beefy plastics, a super flexible metal headband, plus decent Bluetooth performance and okay sound. 

The ShareMe 5 does everything the 7 does, but is better in every way. Much nicer build, materials, and design (imo), great Bluetooth performance, and the best sound quality of the bunch (still hyper bassy though). I have concerns about longevity though due to two areas of their build which I'll go into in my review. Let's just say that if someone wants a durable Bluetooth headset they can carry around without worry, the Pro would be my recommendation over the 5.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #79 of 112
Just finished my review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/over-ear-headphone-shareme-4-1-bluetooth-foldable-headsets-with-built-in-microphone-ergonomic-design-wireless-headphone-with-volume-control-for-sports-exercise-travel/reviews/17198

I think this is the most effort I've ever put into a review.

Feedback welcome

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #82 of 112
I gotta say, I really like these headphones. The comfort (probably my most comfortable pair), convenience (Bluetooth), bass, warm fatigue free sound has me grabbing these over my other headphones lately.  I don't even use the other Bluetooth headphones I have anymore.

@Gracesheng What is your involvement/position with Mixcder?

By any chance do you know (or could recommend to the company) if Mixcder is looking into making another tier of headphones with Active Noise Cancelling?

Also, with a name like Mixcder, I think it would be cool if the company looked into making studio monitor headphones. Something relatively neutral and with enough definition and clarity in the sound to do the job. I think something geared towards the home musician and kids making music on their laptops and iPads would be great. Especially if they were built to be super comfy. Just an idea.

Also, I would be interested in reviewing whatever products Mixcder may have coming in the future. Please let me know of any future opportunities!

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #83 of 112
Did anyone who didn't already have a pair to try the sharing feature with end up getting two pair to review it? I had to write my review without ever trying the share function because I never got another code to work and now I haven't had any other messages sent to me. Not the end of the world, but I was looking forward to trying out the sharing feature. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #84 of 112
  Did anyone who didn't already have a pair to try the sharing feature with end up getting two pair to review it? I had to write my review without ever trying the share function because I never got another code to work and now I haven't had any other messages sent to me. Not the end of the world, but I was looking forward to trying out the sharing feature. 

I didn't have ShareMe headphones, and they sent me 2 to try the sharing feature.

If you answered that you didn't already have at least one pair of ShareMe headphones already there was probably a mistake.

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #85 of 112

Did you email @Gracesheng ? I got 2 Mixcder Shareme 5 Pro headphones which was the whole point of doing this . The codes should have worked - if not Grace would have got you different codes

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #88 of 112
  Just finished my review. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/over-ear-headphone-shareme-4-1-bluetooth-foldable-headsets-with-built-in-microphone-ergonomic-design-wireless-headphone-with-volume-control-for-sports-exercise-travel/reviews/17198

I think this is the most effort I've ever put into a review.

Feedback welcome

It was a nice review and came across as objective. I would have liked to have seen more pictures , more notes on what music genres were used and what comparisons had been made directly with other headphones and how they differed

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #90 of 112

So sorry I missed your PM. 
Another code sent 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back