ShareMe 5 Bluetooth Headphone Impression and Reviews Wanted Globally
Oct 26, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #61 of 112

Nice write up! I like that you had a ruler in some of the pics to show it's size.

Just wondering, under "cons" you wrote "reasonable quality for the price." To me that sounds more like a pro or at least neutral. Do you feel the quality could/should be better for the retail price?

Good point. I always wonder about "quality" when I do a review. Do I take the price into consideration? My main complaint about the "quality" is that I worry if the hinge will hold up. But for the price, do I expect an all metal construction? probably not. So is that a pro or a con? Not sure. I am going to update my review title to be more specific though. Thanks for the feedback ! It's good to get feedback so that I can improve my reviews.

P.K. 

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #65 of 112
  What to wear, what to wear?

Haha, cool, so what are you wearing now ? 

I bet you will wear both of them and start the self-timer 
k701smile.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #67 of 112
I am so jealous now -- I now want to do a full t-shirt review... "the mids are a bit tight, it definitely bring warmth to the sound, especially when layered..."

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #68 of 112
  Haha, cool, so what are you wearing now ? 

I bet you will wear both of them and start the self-timer 
k701smile.gif

I also see my photo made it to your Facebook page.  Cool.  
cool.gif

--

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #69 of 112
I got the headphones today and have been using them for almost an hour. Stream of consciousness impressions:

They are comfortable, and lighter weight than what I was expecting based on their looks.

They really do have a nice bass punch. Overall it's got a warm tone. Not much of a soundstage or imaging going on. I sensed something a little off. Some kind of resonance or something that muddles some frequencies. Gives a weird effect to the sound, but it's not too bad. I'm not expecting perfection. (Edit: This is mostly prominent with Bluetooth on. These cans sound different, more balanced and clean, when wired.) Besides that I found them fairly pleasant to listen to.

I checked out some reviews from around the web and remember someone saying that adjusting volume on the headphones in wireless mode won't work. Only changing tracks works. I had the same problem initially, but I figured out that changing the volume still requires somewhat of a long press. Really quick short clicks won't change the volume. After practicing a bit with how long you need to press the buttons for volume and track changes, it works fine.

There is a battery indicator in IOS letting you know how much charge there is.

There's some things build wise that I'm not liking, but I'm going to take some time to compare the build with other headphones in the price range with similar features, so I can adjust to a more proper perspective.

Ear pads are removable. I don't recommend removing the pads unless you have to. The pads are on a plastic disc that snaps in around the driver. The disc can be difficult to snap back in, and from what I can tell, the clips seem like they may be easy to break.

I liked that these have voice prompts. Wasn't expecting that. Nice touch!

The ShareMe function works quite well. Pairing the headphones together was a breeze. I think this is the best feature of the headphone. Both headphones can change tracks while in ShareMe mode which is nice. Also, volume on both cans work independently. There must be an amp in these cause changing the volume on the headphones doesn't effect the volume setting on your player.

I'll hold off and use them for awhile longer before I write an official review.

Still have to test out how they perform wired, taking calls, taking calls while using the ShareMe function, and Bluetooth range.

Edit: Wired performance is different than Bluetooth. I really do think there is some DSP going on when Bluetooth is on. Wired performance has less bass, mids/vocals come up a tad. It's just an overall more balanced and cleaner sound.

Call quality is decent. I heard the caller fine enough. The mic quality is ok too. Sounds like you're on speaker with just a tad of static noticeable with silence. Still clear enough to have a proper conversation. When taking a call when using ShareMe functionality, only the primary headphone that is directly connected to your phone is able to take calls. The secondary headphone just goes silent. Whoever is listening to the secondary unit can't eavesdrop on the conversation.

Bluetooth range is good. Was able to get around my whole place without really any issue. Will test the range out a bit more later on.

Netflix and youtube audio is good. No major audio/video sync issues. There's just the typical wireless lag of a few milliseconds that's common with Bluetooth audio.

I might want to try some basic modding. I might want to remove the cloth over the drivers, and see if I can get some dampening material in the cups in hopes of clearing up the sound. I may not bother with this and just use them as is. We'll see.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #70 of 112
And the shirt.... :D

It's actually a really nice shirt. Just not made for my body type.

It's one of those sport shirts made with a stretchy material and fits tight. Unfortunately I won't be taking pics with it on. It's just too tight fitting. Bigger guys like me prefer loose fitting, comfortable, even over sized shirts. It's still a nice bonus to an already great opportunity to try some new products. I'll still wear it around the house and use it as a sleep shirt or something.

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #71 of 112
And the shirt....
biggrin.gif

It's actually a really nice shirt. Just not made for my body type.

It's one of those sport shirts made with a stretchy material and fits tight. Unfortunately I won't be taking pics with it on. It's just too tight fitting. Bigger guys like me prefer loose fitting, comfortable, even over sized shirts. It's still a nice bonus to an already great opportunity to try some new products. I'll still wear it around the house and use it as a sleep shirt or something.

k701smile.gif
  Haha , I really want to see some of your pictures wearing the T-shirt, Haha. I picked the 3XL.   But it's much smaller than that of the US or Europe size.    

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #72 of 112

k701smile.gif
  Haha , I really want to saw some of your pictures wearing the T-shirt, Haha. I picked the 3XL.   But it's much smaller than that of the US or Europe size.    

Sorry to disappoint. 
frown.gif

haha

No not really. 
tongue.gif
 lol I value my privacy, so even if it fit to my liking, I probably wouldn't have posted a pic of myself to put on the web.

It's cool though, Grace! I really appreciate all the free stuff regardless. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #73 of 112

Sorry to disappoint. 
frown.gif

haha

No not really. 
tongue.gif
 lol I value my privacy, so even if it fit to my liking, I probably wouldn't have posted a pic of myself to put on the web.

It's cool though, Grace! I really appreciate all the free stuff regardless. Thanks!

That's ok.  We will not push you to post a picture. Haha , we respect your privacy 
etysmile.gif

And you are welcome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back