SHARE YOUR ZEN MICRO PICTURES!
Jan 5, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #46 of 704
BOOM BABY!!!

I just ordered my black Micro from J&R
biggrin.gif
! It was $254.95 shipped (standard). I will take about 5 business days to get to my house. I will post pics ASAP.

Jan 5, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #47 of 704
I must thank crazy chimp for the inspiration. but i think i added my own style to my case, so im not a complete copy cat. i scraped off all of the paint on the top and bottom and protected the inside with some spare cards and electrical tape (which is the perfect width) and a cut up eraser. took a couple of days of off and on working so not that hard. and of course the cue de gra' is the halo 2 sticker. thats the tricky thing to find. i got it from the people at bungie cause im in the same city. Pictures Here

sorry if its a little rough around the edges but i just finished and will most likely polish it up a bit later.

Jan 5, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #48 of 704
Great improvements! I love the eraser idea- I had to add a double layer of felt to one side so that the micro would fit firmly, which looks bad and was tedious to make.

One thing it looks like mine has that your's doesn't is the folded edges. The cut edges are all folded inwards and under on mine, so I don't have to worry about cuts or scratches. Thorough filing is probably just as effective, though... but folding looks nice. It's just something you may want to add eventually.

Jan 5, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #49 of 704
Thanks! i'll file it down soon but for now im tired of working on it. music break! but i got the band aids on hand just in case
3000smile.gif
:

Jan 5, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #51 of 704
Nice effect PirateJack! What filter did you use to get the background effect?

Now I'm going to have to do something creative with mine...the plain black background just won't cut it anymore...
icon10.gif

Cheers...Chris

Jan 5, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #52 of 704
i've seen that picture. either he's the guy that wrote the review that i saw which is where i saw that picture or this guy is stealling that guys work. either way good job to the guy who made it.

Jan 5, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #53 of 704
i got money on , a zoom blur.

Jan 5, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #54 of 704
I thought he might have done the effect using a Photoshop filter on the background. I'm just trying to figure out which filter...

Oh well, I'm off to experiment...

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Cheers...Chris

Jan 5, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #56 of 704
I ordered a black micro before I saw any actual pictures of one. I had assumed they had that matte finish, but now i see it has that sparkly paint. It's still on backorder right now, so I can change to another color, but I had my heart set on black. Can anyone with a black one (or who has seen one) tell me how it looks in person? I can't tell if the sparkly effect is overwhelming or if it's something I can deal with. The silver and orange look tempting, but I'd like to get the black if it looks good. So, is the black disappointing? Comments? Thanks

Jan 5, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #57 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaenom
Mmmpopfanatic,

The cord on the remote is about 77cm not including the connector. The main cord on the headphones (before they split) is 28cm, do you have the same length headphones or longer?

Cheers...Chris

Are you sure about that headphone measurement? Mine is closer to 88cm, and the split part is 34cm. They might be different, but not by that much.

Jan 5, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #58 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
I ordered a black micro before I saw any actual pictures of one. I had assumed they had that matte finish, but now i see it has that sparkly paint. It's still on backorder right now, so I can change to another color, but I had my heart set on black. Can anyone with a black one (or who has seen one) tell me how it looks in person? I can't tell if the sparkly effect is overwhelming or if it's something I can deal with. The silver and orange look tempting, but I'd like to get the black if it looks good. So, is the black disappointing? Comments? Thanks

I think the sparkle you're seeing is just from the flash, cause it is matte (the touchpad, that is, the rest is a glossy finish).

Jan 5, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #60 of 704
woah nice pics! why does your silver one look so different? why does it have black button symbols?????!!!!
confused.gif

by the way people i am so happy that this board is doing well
k1000smile.gif

i am really good with photoshop so i will post some of my creations later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back