Share your learning experiences in the past year.
Mar 5, 2006 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

warpdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
As I've gained experience, there are many things that I feel differently about now since the beginning since I've joined head-fi.

For instance:

- I'm not really a Grado person anymore. What used to sound like exciting highs grates on me for extended listening and I'm becoming increasing intolerant of it.
- I'm not really a Senn person, I've sold all my Senns. But if I had to choose between Grado and Senn, I'd prefer the Senn way of doing things. I am looking forward to what Sennheiser comes out with in the HD650 successor (maybe I'll pick up the 650 when it gets displaced and drops in price)
- I still find headphone soundstaging to be unnatural in every headphone that I've heard (never heard the K1000). I can't shake the "blobs in your head feeling", so I'm becoming even a bigger fan of Headroom Crossfeed than ever before.
- the iPod can be very enjoyable and good sounding with line-out, and a good amp, and high bitrate rips.
- I still haven't found that ideal headphone that does it all. The K701 is the closest, and I now think it's a fruitless goal to expect one headphone to work great with all music......so having multiple headphones for different purposes is the way to go.
- I've finally found a happy place...but as more headphones come out, I've resigned to the fact that my headphone collection is going to change yet again.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 2
I realized I may be searching for a certain sound that simply may not exist with the music I am listening too. Dark/Bright, small soundstage, large.........none of it is going to give me exactly what I am looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back